Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Problems running VDJ on WIndows XP--New Laptop

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I just bought a brand new, top of the line Dell Inspiron 8600 and installed VDJ. I was all excited because I was saving up for so long for this thing so I could go mobile. But after installing VDJ, I went to open it, and the screen started flashing between black and VDJ. An error message appeared that was hard to read, but it said something like, "You had an LCD screen and it is a high resolution screen so you need to select..." I couldn't read it because it kept flashing to black, then back to VDJ. I noticed that VDJ's appearance was very strange. Please help me! I am sure that I will need to set something up in my computer set up. I am running on Windows XP Professional, Pentium M 1.5 GZ Centrino, 512 MB DDR RAM, 128 MB ATI Turbo Video Card, 15.4" WXGA+ Screen. Thanks in advance so much all of you.

Jean

Posted Wed 04 Aug 04 @ 5:06 am
djzeroPRO InfinityMember since 2003
try tuening up your resolution to atleast 1024X768 (or equlivanat for widescreen) and then try running it again.

If this fails try contacting e-service (not the email)

Posted Wed 04 Aug 04 @ 5:49 am
Try downloading a widescreen skin, and put it in your skins directory. Then, move all the other skin files to another directory (backup). You should now have only the widescreen skin in the Skins directory.

I don't know is this will work, but it helped me here with resolution problems.

macourteau

Posted Wed 04 Aug 04 @ 12:27 pm
Thanks for the help, but neither idea worked. My screen is set to 1280 X 800 automatically. When I set it to 1024 X 768, VDJ worked. So I guess VDJ is not compatible with high resolution screens. I think this is a huge flaw in VDJ. I thought this program was the best, but I don't have these problems with Final Scratch.

A word to VDJ--you better repair the bug, because most new screens are 1280 X 800 or better.

Posted Thu 05 Aug 04 @ 5:35 am
There is a 1280x800 skin available that works with VirtualDJ available here:

http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/download.html?addon_id=557

Did you try it? Try loading VirtualDJ with a resolution that works, then make sure it's not maximised. Then, change the skin, and set your resolution to 1280x800. This should work.

macourteau

Posted Thu 05 Aug 04 @ 11:29 am
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I have a 1280x800 res laptop. All skins worked fine on it. Of course, now that there is a wide screen skin available, I use that one. But I was fully able to use the 1024x768 skins without any problems at all.

Posted Thu 05 Aug 04 @ 3:53 pm
Problem is probably in the video driver that model Dell machine is using. Some video BIOS manufacturers do weird things... just an unfortunate luck for you.

Try installing an upded video driver from the Dell Support site or the video adaptor's manufacturer site.

Posted Sat 07 Aug 04 @ 1:54 pm
indyanoHome userMember since 2004
hy, i have a very problem with hercules dj consol and vdj 2.0
my headphone is mute why?

Posted Mon 09 Aug 04 @ 10:03 am
Because you're probably using the demo version. Can't use a headphone then.

Posted Mon 09 Aug 04 @ 10:42 am
There is no demo version 2.0, you probably use a warez version, and it can cause this problem to...

Posted Tue 10 Aug 04 @ 12:54 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)