Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: GIGAPORT STATIC

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Just hooked up my GIGAPORT to Virtual DJ 4.? for the first time... I had used it on 3.4 with no problems but now I am getting static in the audio. Keep in mind this static will occur even if I am not connected to the soundsystem. I hooked up headphones to the gigaport and got it also....

Any ideas/suggestions? Is there a setting I a missing?

Thanks,

Vin.

Posted Sun 10 Dec 06 @ 2:31 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
best check the grounding of ur cables mate

sounds like ur getting interfearance

Posted Sun 10 Dec 06 @ 3:23 pm
If I am just working off my laptop at home... Nothing else connected...and use the gigaport I am getting static... Unless the power in my house is suddenly not grounded, what else could it be?

Posted Mon 11 Dec 06 @ 2:19 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
does your laptop have 2 or 3 prongs on the charger?

Posted Mon 11 Dec 06 @ 6:41 pm
I jave the same problem on my gigaport. I changed to a echo DJ card and no more problem

i have the usb gigaport. actually most usb sound cards i was having this issue or using a usb sound card or using a usb and internal sound card for the headphone

i got fed up completely changed cards.

Posted Tue 12 Dec 06 @ 5:26 am
SupaconPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Odd... for me it was the other way around.

I have a computer with a Delta 410 PCI card from M-Audio, and I am using a Gigaport AG now and the sound is much cleaner. The 410 worked great for 3.4, and when I upgraded to v4, it was very crackly... the Gigaport AG doesn't impress me much, but no crackles at least!

Posted Fri 15 Dec 06 @ 8:32 am
If you are getting hiss or static in a USB soundcard, try this:-

Take a piece of wire and at one end crimp on a small loop terminal tag. Unscrew one of the case screws from your PC and attached the loop to your PC case with it. On the other end, solder it to the ground (outside) terminal of an RCA/Phono plug, plug this into eiter A) a spare socket on your gigaport or B) try it in different spare inputs on your external mixer OR the earth terminals on external mixer.

The above CAN work as it's what i need to do with mine to eliminate background noise.

Posted Sun 17 Dec 06 @ 8:04 pm
I appreciate all the suggestions but I think we are getting off topic here. The GIGAPORT sound card worked perfect with 3.4 and now I have static with 4.2.. Did something change on the software or config side?

Vin

Posted Mon 18 Dec 06 @ 8:49 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)