Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: plug ins

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi im a Newbie just starting out with this program,having a little trouble downloading the plug ins for it when i click to download them a message appears saying my level is not high enough could some tell me what level and how to raise it many thanks

Posted Sat 31 Jul 04 @ 4:08 pm
There are different user levels for different software users. You have to look for plugins with 'DJMixstation 2 user level only'. It's the second line or so in the description in red.

Posted Sat 31 Jul 04 @ 4:18 pm
Hi thanks for the reply, i have full version of mix station 2 with virtual DJ, is this not the same program ? so i cant use any plugins for virtual DJ then ? :-(

Posted Sun 01 Aug 04 @ 10:09 pm
Is there a limit to the number of plug-ins that can be downloaded?

OO

Posted Mon 02 Aug 04 @ 6:03 am
there is a difference... because of the bandwidth costs of hanving thousands of users downloading effects. So, some limitations depending on what status your software have.

free demo-users can not download plugins.
free console users can not download plugins
mixstation users can download some plugins
full users can dowload all plugins

And, johnnyjj - you have a full working program, but there are as you see some different versions, and the e-jay version is limited some in use from the full version of Vdj. In full version you can for example use headset, dual deck output for external mixer, and support for external controllers.
look here for more info:
http://www.virtualdj.com/products/comparison.html

as a mixstation user, you can download some of the plugins, just look around in the plugin-section

:)

Posted Mon 02 Aug 04 @ 6:08 am
Thanks!

OO

Posted Mon 02 Aug 04 @ 6:11 am
Again thanks for the reply, i have had a good look around and see what you mean, but im trying to down load sample files for mixstation 2 and when i save them to the samples folder it is just a vdj file ? am i doing something wrong ?

Posted Mon 02 Aug 04 @ 2:24 pm
As I understand it, vdj files are just mp3 files with some extra info. I think you can just rename the file to the .mp3 extention.

Posted Mon 02 Aug 04 @ 2:55 pm
If the E-jay version have the sampler engine of VDJ2 (not sure about that) the files should be as you downloaded them, and be able to load them into each sample slot.

But if it does not have the engine of VDJ2 - they can not be used the way they where intended i think. The new sampler engine has features like beatlock to song playing etc

If your version of VDJ can not "read" and load those VDJ files into sampler slots, you probably dont have the new engine in your version

Posted Mon 02 Aug 04 @ 3:44 pm
fortyHome userMember since 2005
how do i intall pluggins vdj2

Posted Sun 24 Apr 05 @ 10:53 pm
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Just copy them to effects folder where you installed VDJ.

Dj Nikki

Posted Sun 24 Apr 05 @ 10:58 pm
Hd/program files/virtual dj/effects....then drag your effect into the the folder,but remember if it is zipped in some cases it might not work.You would have to unzip in the effects folder
Regards
Andre

Posted Sun 01 May 05 @ 5:25 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)