Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: blue screen of death

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

well I finally managed to get my VDJ working but am still having problems with the console - I'm getting a blue screen critical error when I try to unplug it! and at the moment cant seem to get it working with VDJ?

thanking you in advance!

Posted Thu 29 Jul 04 @ 1:02 pm
ok...

first of all, great that u finaly fixed the protection error ;)

well, u did do some stuff in reg, so...
(1) go to hercules website, and dl the latest firmware and driver (there is a major update there)
(2) uninstall Hercules drivers, and install new

reboot, and it should work..
also, right click that alien hear at system tray, and choose "mapper" - sometimes it seem to detect the console fully first then (get a message "new driver detected, restart pc" or something like that)

hope that helps ;)

Posted Thu 29 Jul 04 @ 1:23 pm
just done that but unfortunately regardless of the update if I try to either restart with the console plugged in or unplug it at any point I get the dreaded blue screen.... dunno if this means anything to anyone but this is the critical error info on the blue screen...

===== Start of Blue screen and automatic shutdown error =====

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed. If this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any windows updates you might need.

If problems continue, disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use Safe Mode to remove or diable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select Advanced Setup options, and then select Safe Mode.

Technical Information:

*** STOP: 0x0000000A (0x0000000Z, 0x00000001, 0x806BB90E)

=== End of Blue screen and automatic shutdown error ===

I havent tried disabling BIOS memory or anything like that yet? Should I?

Thanking you kindly for your patience and understanding - it' all very much appreciated!

Posted Thu 29 Jul 04 @ 1:32 pm
also the first few times the computer did this when it rebooted I was made aware that a critical error had taken place and got given the following info

======start of error info======

BCCode : a BCP1 : 0000F87C BCP2 : 00000002 BCP3 : 00000001
BCP4 : 806BB90E OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 1_0 Product : 256_1

C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini072504-01.dmp
C:\DOCUME~1\pete\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER1.tmp.dir00\sysdata.xml

======end of error info======

again dunno if this means anything to anyone but thought it might help?

Posted Thu 29 Jul 04 @ 1:36 pm
ok thanks to tha man from Norway I got it sorted! I had to use 'device manager' (start/settings/control panel/system/hardware/device manager) to delete all the usb devices and then reboot and install the console software again - no more blue screen!!! all I gotta do now is learn how to mix :}

if anyone else needs to do this dont be alarmed by the fact that when u delete the USB Root Hub entries under 'Universal Serial Bus controllers' that they automatically reinstall themselves as u do it... dont worry just keep on deleting them one by one and then the main header will disapear... after this, restart and install the hercules console software, drivers etc (preferably the updated version from this site) - u need to b a registered user to do that so get ur pennies out!

Posted Thu 29 Jul 04 @ 5:05 pm
no prob ;) glad to help.. good to see u up and running :)

Posted Thu 29 Jul 04 @ 5:45 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)