Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: WINDOWS XP MEDIA CENTRE 2005

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

What are the actual issues that Windows XP media centre 2005 is having with virtual DJ. I just ordered a laptop that has this operating system and even though I'm going to upgrade to Windows XP pro, I would like to know what the issues are.

Posted Mon 13 Nov 06 @ 3:11 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
No need to upgrade. Runs fine on Media Edition.

Posted Mon 13 Nov 06 @ 4:04 am
So why does evreyone on the forums say to stay away from this operating system?

Posted Mon 13 Nov 06 @ 4:07 am
The issues people run into are hardware compatibilities and the O/S. Not VirtualDJ and the O/S. If you plan on using any of the hardware that has compatibility issues (like the M-Audio posts) then you may want to change. But, VirtualDJ does not have issues with Media Center. Biggest things with VDJ is the latest DirectX and all drivers up-to-date for your hardware. If you get to that point then the rest is hardware for the most part.

And, BTW; don't think that DirectX and your drivers are up-to-date because you just got a new laptop. Even then the manufacturer are always a few releases behind.

Posted Mon 13 Nov 06 @ 4:13 am
Thanks alot for the info cstoll. The hardware I use is the DAC-3 and a gigaport. Are there any known issues with these.

Posted Mon 13 Nov 06 @ 12:43 pm
Not that I have seen or heard of. As in the M-audio posts it's some of the more eccentric stuff that has problems.

Posted Mon 13 Nov 06 @ 12:58 pm
elite1PRO InfinityMember since 2005
True that....DirectX has an update dated 10/10/06, and I'm sure most machines that are selling now are not that current!

Posted Wed 15 Nov 06 @ 11:43 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)