Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: AMD processors

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I recently purchased a laptop to run version 3.4. It is a HP with an AMD Turion 64x2@1.6GHz, it has 960 MB of RAM and the latest version of direct x. But for some reason it is skipping with both MP3 and video formats. Please help

Posted Wed 25 Oct 06 @ 10:09 pm
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
Why don't you update to 4.1? It is the best way!

Posted Wed 25 Oct 06 @ 11:28 pm
What will that do? Will it eleminate my problem or give me more? I just want to know if this computer is capable of running this version before I do any updating.

Posted Thu 26 Oct 06 @ 12:27 am
Yes, your model is good enough for version 4 for audio, for video should be ok, but it depends what video card you have in your laptop.

Posted Thu 26 Oct 06 @ 1:38 pm
The laptop has a NVIDA GeForce 6500. Why am I having a skipping issue then. Plus I did not upgrade to 4 I'm still using 3.4. Should I add more RAM memory?

Posted Thu 26 Oct 06 @ 5:05 pm
You have enough ram memory and the video card is solid so you should update to 4.1r2.

Posted Fri 27 Oct 06 @ 12:27 pm
Upgraded and works fine!!! Yeah!!!! but one question, Sending video out is choppy. I put accelerator on which cleans it up but now AVI files freeze and come back over and over. What can I do to fix this??

Posted Thu 30 Nov 06 @ 7:05 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
try a different AVI codec

Posted Thu 30 Nov 06 @ 7:14 pm
Why are there so many situations that cause problems with 4.1?
I am still on 3.4 as a result of reading all these posts, and a lot of
these problems never seem to go away.

I am satisfied with version 3.4, but with a good solid reason(s)
I could be convinced to take a (chance) and upgrade.

Now I need some encouragement and good reasons to upgrade,
can you all tell me some?

Posted Fri 01 Dec 06 @ 7:01 pm
Why not put both on your system and play around with 4.1 a bit to work out flaws you might find and use 3.4 for gigs til everything is panned out. I can tell you some of the problems people are having is more machine specific as I can run 4.1 flawless on 1 of my systems, but my Dell has a lot of issues. So I suggest giving 4.1 a shot you may find no issues as you say 3.4 runs flawlessly.

Posted Sat 02 Dec 06 @ 12:33 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)