Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: New To atomix with question

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi guys, I know I havent bought Atomix but I wanted to make sure I answer my questions before I purchase..I think I will be doing so tonight. I currently have a cheap 2 cd deck american audio system with a 4 channel mixxer.....if you can call it a system.....knobs dont scratch tehy just slow down or speed up and its wack for mixing but I got it for free and use it for small parties. Obviously I use channel 1 and 2 for the 2 cd decks......I know theres a way to connect atommix's 2 virtual decks to each independent channel...like virtual deck to channel #3 and virtual deck#2 to channel #4 on the mixxer..reason why I want to do this is because I want to be able to hear one virtual deck on the headphones to prep it while the other virtual deck is playing...I know its because I have the trial version but what will I have to do to accomplish this with the mixxer and whats the cheapest way?? I hear something about a Y wire or something like that or dual soundcards....please advise exactly what I will need to accomplish this and cheapest way..I have a hallloween party this weekeend and want to be ready..any help will be appreciated..yopu can reply here or @ jose.flores@aegistmtg.com..please help me

Posted Tue 24 Oct 06 @ 2:06 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
heya , have u looked at using the newer virtual dj ?

for what u want i think u need two soundcards

and im not sure if the older atomix mp3 supports this

Posted Tue 24 Oct 06 @ 9:18 pm
will the new virtual dj do this?? and what will I have to buy??.....I dont mind buying the soundcard....please someone let me know how to get this done exactly..have a party coming up...and I like atomix for now

let me know how to exactly do this..what do I have to buy??

Posted Wed 25 Oct 06 @ 12:19 am
TTT
Gusy please help me out with this.....I want to connect each virtual deck to each separate channel in my mixer...how do I do this exactly and what do I need??

Posted Wed 25 Oct 06 @ 8:15 pm
yes you can ;)

Not with Atomixmp3 (dont support two seperate signal outs for external mixer), but in Virtual DJ can.

All you need is a soundcard with two outs (a cheap usb 4.1/5.1 soundcard will do for your use)

And the pro licence of Virtual DJ;)

Then you can connect each virtual deck on your pc in VirtualDJ, into two seperate channels at your external mixer. And use headset for all 4 channels on the mixer (your cd players + VDJ)

Hope that helps ;)

Posted Wed 25 Oct 06 @ 8:26 pm
Hey there. IM trying to change my skin of my atomix but it wont let. I downloaded one from this site and i addded it to the skins page so now what?

Posted Wed 25 Oct 06 @ 11:20 pm
How much is Virtual DJ??? Ive seen 2 posts that state that I can use Atomix and connect to an external mixxer to seperate channels..are you sure?? also does Virtual DJ ahve everything atomix has....dumb question..lol..I really like those loop buttons on atomix teh 3 buttons next to the deck that displays the songs...please help me out..i have a party in 3 days

Posted Thu 26 Oct 06 @ 2:08 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
www.virtualdj.com/purchase

Posted Fri 27 Oct 06 @ 1:33 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)