Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: xp10 platter

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

alx2kPRO InfinityMember since 2004
can anyone having that controller or any staff team tell me what would be the command that is activated when placing your hand over the xp10 platter? is it "play_stutter"?

I need it fast for home project.

Thanks, Alejandro.

Posted Thu 19 Oct 06 @ 2:20 pm
That's the beautiful thing about the XP-10, is you can make the platter react to almost any command you wish.

I think the default command is "JogWheel" (or "Nudge", something like that) when you spin the wheel by touching the plastic ring. Also, as I remember it, the default command is "Scratch" when you spin the wheel by touching the metal pad.

But you are not limited to that.

For instance, I've assigned the "Bass" command to Shift-2 + Wheel, so I can ajust the bass level with the wheel. (I do this because I don't have a "Bass" knob on my mixer lol !!)

I hope this helps you.

Internodal.

Posted Sat 21 Oct 06 @ 3:53 am
thanks, it might be a lot of help, when the touch controllers come home I'll try those commands.
thanks thanks a lot !
Alejandro

Posted Sat 21 Oct 06 @ 6:47 pm
And just so you know, the XP10 mapper is very easy to configure, in my opinion.

You can experiment with all the different commands and functions by scanning through the roll-down menu (in the mapper), and assigning commands to buttons, ajusting values and what not.

You'll have hours of fun... :O)

Internodal.

Posted Tue 24 Oct 06 @ 8:03 am
I was checking that last weekend, xp10 mapper is, as you said, very easy to configure. but I don't own any xp10. what I want to make is a modification on DJC mk1. I want to put touch sensors over the wheels. if you press it, a certain keyboard stroke would be sent.

There will be 3 posibilities:
touching the surface with no wheel rotation: hold the song, playing it back when you release it
touching the surface with wheel rotation: scratch
not touching the surface with wheel rotation: pitch bend - nudge

I'm waiting for two things right now... SDK for 4.1 to be released and the touch sensors, which are being delivered right now, I'll use this circuit, cheap, easy and safe: http://www.ozitronics.com/images/k137.jpg
http://www.ozitronics.com/docs/k137.pdf

the relay would be conected to a usb keyboard to send the keystrokes.

That way I'll have an old mk1 with the great advantage of the xp10, the touch platter.

If anyone want to help or wants more info, feel free to contact me.

Alejandro

Posted Tue 24 Oct 06 @ 9:18 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)