Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Laptop Video

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I'm in the market for a second laptop. I noticed that most laptops now have the Nvidea video cards. From reading the forums, I noticed that everyone seems to say that ATI video cards are better for laptops. Is that still true or is it ok to go with a laptop with a core2 duo and an Nvidea 7900 video card with 512mb of video.

Posted Thu 19 Oct 06 @ 4:10 am
HoffmanPRO InfinityMember since 2006
HI,

I have a new Dell XPS 1710M with NVidea 7900GTX 512 mb card.

FLAWLESS!!!!!!!!!! now with VDJ 4.1 pro.

Perfect!

If you need a connection to save about $450 on your laptop at Dell let me know.

B

Posted Thu 19 Oct 06 @ 5:55 am
hows the battery life on that beast???

more info on the discount?

Posted Thu 19 Oct 06 @ 7:23 am
Wow that thing starts at $2200 USD. How much did u add to it??

Posted Thu 19 Oct 06 @ 9:14 am
Hoffman: that is the model im about to purchase tonight! let me know about your hook-up, and ill use it!

Posted Thu 19 Oct 06 @ 9:21 am
Hoffman, I'm also interested on that Dell hook-up. I'm in the proccess of buying another laptop this week.

Posted Thu 19 Oct 06 @ 1:52 pm
HI,

Sorry for not responding.

I'll try to remember the other posts.

The XPS system started at about $2,200 with some minor upgrades, tax etc, it came to $3,000

They wil llet you pay with NO interest for 18 months ($167 per month) how cool is that?

works perfect in every way. I plug in to the wall so I only use the battery if it unplugs.

Have an excellent Apple laptop stand so the air breathes out and doesn't get too hot either- very quite.,

It's a monster and I feel very secure since VDJ 4.1 came out.

Love it.

If you are a serious buyer- private message me and I'll give you the name and # at Dell and how to get the discount.

I added a 500gig external and a firebox external soundcard (I use pioneers and TCCD) that had nothing to do with dell price.

p.s. I also wanted to transfer at firewire 800 speed, but later found out the dell only had a fw 400 port. I bought an adaption card that actually slowed things, so now I just use USB 2.0 for the hardrive and firewire 400 for the firebox sound card and it is perfection.

(never even had to change a single setting in VDJ!)

Video = 60% and .wav = 40% of my night

2 club nights per week.

Hope this helps anyone

Hoffman

Posted Fri 20 Oct 06 @ 7:04 pm
i just realized you can't message me ( i don't have an envelope under my name)- how do I get that luxury?

:-)

Posted Fri 20 Oct 06 @ 7:07 pm
You have an envelope under ur name you just cant see it unless you want to send yourself a message. lol

Posted Sat 21 Oct 06 @ 12:25 am
hoffman: I can't sem to pm you, and im waiting to order my xps till i contact you. here is my email, --@--.--. I suppose now everyone has it now that i posted it, but oh well...please respond asap, as i need to place my order soon! thanks a bunch man, I appreciate it.

--
Moderated by Lady Cameron
Sorry djkizzle no email address is allowed from a demo user

Posted Sat 21 Oct 06 @ 8:00 am
ahhh, sorry about that! dont worry everyone, i am NOT a demo user. Im checkin out the program, comparing it to pcdj fx, and megaseg, and seeing if it is gonna work for me. so umm, maybe hoffman can write to me in code or something? can i leave a phone number? how do I pm, or do i have to wait to purchase the program first?

Posted Sat 21 Oct 06 @ 8:57 am
@kizzle.

Still with ya.

Never got your pm so I didn;t know you wrote.

I think you can write your #, I spoke to someone else once.

If you can leave it, I'll call you.

Even better if you can figure out the PM thing and why it wont work that would be great.

B

Posted Mon 23 Oct 06 @ 6:12 pm
Hoffman: I think I cant PM because I'm not a member yet, but I wont be purchaseing the program until I have my new laptop. Here is my number 718-759-8173. Thanks bud, I appreciate it!

Posted Tue 24 Oct 06 @ 7:19 am
Hey- I'll call you tonight (Tuesday).

Later.

B Hoffman

Posted Tue 24 Oct 06 @ 5:13 pm
I'm thinking of buying a Toshiba P105-S9722. Here are the specs.
Processor type = core 2 duo T7200 @ 2.0Ghz
Ram = 2GB
Video = Nvidia GeForce Go 7900GS 256MB GDDR3
Operating system = Windows XP Pro

Will This set-up be fine for video mixing?

Posted Tue 24 Oct 06 @ 9:16 pm
Thanks Hoffman, my phone will be on. I owe ya one for this

Posted Tue 24 Oct 06 @ 10:12 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)