Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: Mixing on a cd

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

hey is there a way to record my mix into seperate tracks, ex. im playin the first song in my set, then i beatmatch into another song, when i fade into the 2nd track i want it to go to track 2 if i burn it onto a cd like the mix cd's at www.mixxx4u.com i have several of their mixtapes and i want to do the same thing to make a mixtape

any suggestions?

Posted Mon 16 Oct 06 @ 10:13 pm
jib90Home userMember since 2005
yep its in the virtual dj recording menu and you can either make it to split into a new track when you press a button or what i normally do is get it to split when i have moved the crossfader to the other deck

Posted Mon 16 Oct 06 @ 10:15 pm
thanks soo much been stressing about this for a long time many thanks!

Posted Tue 17 Oct 06 @ 12:28 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
if you like it , good investment would be to get the proversion :)

Posted Wed 18 Oct 06 @ 12:44 pm
In addition to my post, once i make a mix, and burn the bin and cue files I can play it on a regular cd player right? and will the tracks transist into each other meaning, if track one is 2:00, and its at 1:59 will it transist into track 2 without a 1 or 2 second delay or pause?

Posted Wed 18 Oct 06 @ 10:23 pm
fortuinHome userMember since 2006
Yep buddy it will definately transist...

Posted Sun 22 Oct 06 @ 10:51 pm
Thanks a MILLION been stressing over this for a long time (Thumbs up) :)

Posted Mon 23 Oct 06 @ 3:59 am
If you divide a full length mix and the whole cd is meant to sound like one consistent mix then after you record all the individual tracks and go to burn them you have to set each track to not have a 2 second pause in between them. This is for Nero, I do not know about the other players.

Posted Tue 24 Oct 06 @ 8:08 am
you can choose to make tracks seprate or blend in most audio burners even in windows media player lol

Posted Fri 27 Oct 06 @ 3:40 am
A related question...when recording a mix, where would be the most performance optomized destination for the file-my internal hdd whre nothing but the OS and VDJ live (100 GB @ 7500 RPM) or the external (300 or 750 GB @ 7200 RPM with about 100 GB available on each)?

Posted Tue 31 Oct 06 @ 4:10 pm
its better to have your music on a hard drive away drom your os

Posted Tue 31 Oct 06 @ 6:26 pm
ecord my mix into seperate tracks, ex. im playin the first song in my set, then i beatmatch into another song, when i fade into the 2nd track i want it to go to track 2 if i burn it onto a cd like the mix cd's at www.mixxx4u.com i have several of their mixtapes and i want to do the same thing to make a mixtape

Posted Mon 06 Nov 06 @ 5:01 am
dun kno

Posted Fri 10 Nov 06 @ 12:18 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)