Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Scratching

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

When I try scratching with the jog wheel, all it does is change the speed of the music instead of an actual scratch. It will work with my mouse or if I enable the stick, but I can't get a decent scratch from the jog wheel. What could cause this?

Posted Mon 19 Jul 04 @ 11:30 pm
With the DJ Console version (in bundle) you can't scratch with the jog (this option is only available with VDJ 2)

Posted Tue 20 Jul 04 @ 2:31 am
So if I purchase vdj 2, I will be able to scratch with the jog wheel and still keep the same features that the bundled software has?

Posted Tue 20 Jul 04 @ 2:41 am

Posted Tue 20 Jul 04 @ 2:47 am
vbjackPRO InfinityMember since 2004
duuuuuude - definiatly worth purchasing if you love the console version - VDJ 2.0 is awsome and so much fun to use with the hercules console.

-JaK

Posted Tue 20 Jul 04 @ 4:44 pm
Hes Right Mark,

I'm no pro DJ but i love mixing so i was in two minds to buy this software or not and i wondered what extras id be getting on top of the console version i got with the console and would they be worth forking out for.

As this wasnt going to be used for profit or to make a penny with i was undecided as tbh i dont have a lot of money spare.

However shall i tell you what swung it for me???

A 10minute play of the full VDJv2. I was blown away with the possibilities and tbh again (i may get slated for this from the creators) the console version is total crap compared to the FullV2.

Its like its ugly younger little brother who cant walk and talk yet.

Take the plunge m8 and get V2 you wont be dissapointed :)

d00d5ter

P.S. I really think the powers that be should release V2 as some sort of 1 day demo trail or something because if i never tried this software i honestly would not have bought it.

Posted Tue 20 Jul 04 @ 6:20 pm
Thanks, I got the vdj 2 and it works great with the console, but how do I configure it so I can cue the other channel in my headphones?

Posted Wed 21 Jul 04 @ 12:58 am
welcome mark19401..

please register your serial in your profile so that your profile is updated to "vdj user" :)

we will tell you how to prelisten as soon as u have registered your new profile :)

Posted Wed 21 Jul 04 @ 2:53 am
Thanks, I figured out the prelistening. The only other thing is when I scratch or add songs sometimes it crashes. I went to the website for memory optimization, but I can't figure out how to get into bios to change the boot sequence to boot from a cd rom. Any other suggestions?

Posted Thu 22 Jul 04 @ 2:53 am
hi ;) see u updated profile... :)

to boot from cd u usually have to press F2 or other key right when the pc starts up, and then go to bios and set the cd-rom as first boot

but dont see what u are trying to do... memory optimization from boot cd?

anyway, the crash can be from a number of other things:
- irq conflinct (most likely)
- memory (true.. how much ram do u have? how much virtual memory does windows have?)
- console (update to the latest firmware/drivers from hercules website)
etc..

Posted Thu 22 Jul 04 @ 3:01 am
Yes, the error message said that virtual memory was low, preparing to swap files.

Posted Thu 22 Jul 04 @ 9:36 am
That error happens when there is not enough RAM available, and it has to start using the pagefile on the harddrive (which will CONSIDERABLY slow down your PC). Make sure you have no other applications running while you use VDJ.

How much RAM do you have?

macourteau

Posted Thu 22 Jul 04 @ 11:39 am
256 megs

Posted Fri 23 Jul 04 @ 12:57 am
You should consider purchasing more RAM for your computer (this is clearly where the problem is); 512 MB is the minimum for VDJ to run smoothly, but I would recommend that you have 1 GB of RAM for an optimal performance.

macourteau

Posted Fri 23 Jul 04 @ 1:03 am
Thank you for the advice

Posted Fri 23 Jul 04 @ 1:09 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)