Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: "Master tempo" vs. "Keylock"

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Am I imagining it, or is "Keylock" in the new Full skin a lot better than "Master Tempo" in the TCV checkbox settings? When I use "Master Tempo", the BPM counter is extremely insensitive -- I need to move about 0.5 BPM's for it to register a change and show it on the screen... But with "Keylock" checked on in the Full skin, there is no latency at all with the BPM counter. And the sound seems slightly better too overall. Is this expected? Is there a way to use "Keylock" in the older skins?

Posted Sat 14 Oct 06 @ 12:39 am
Anyone?

Posted Sat 14 Oct 06 @ 4:02 am
Hello, I believe you may be able to use it if you setup a keyboard shortcut for beatlock. The only way to change it in the skin is to recompile it and I'm not sure if that can be done or not.

Posted Sat 14 Oct 06 @ 4:53 am
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Poloralphloren wrote :
Is there a way to use "Keylock" in the older skins?

Indeed, either create a keyboard/midi shortcut for keylock on/off, or extract the xml from the skin's zip, find the button action="master_tempo" for both channels, replace them with action="key_lock", and rezip the edited xml.

I'm not sure if such behavior is normal, I thought key_lock was the same algorithm as master tempo just with a keylock feature (as I read somewhere in the forum). But if it works better in your case, than why not use it ;)

e

Posted Sat 14 Oct 06 @ 10:38 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)