Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Silly question but someone please answer!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have been using the DAC3 with virtual DJ for a year now which is just brilliant but have finally invested in some timecoded vinyls to use with my decks as well.

My question is: How to I load tracks into each deck without having to use the mouse to drag and drop? Are there any hotkeys that do this or can I set them up to do this?

Would be very greatful if someone could answer..

Thanks

Posted Fri 13 Oct 06 @ 3:55 pm
NiemsPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Do you use windows explorer or the VDJ broswer to drag and drop normally?

If you use the browser, you can use the DAC-3 to search for and assign songs to decks directly, using the new dac-3 plugin.

Posted Fri 13 Oct 06 @ 4:00 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
Highlight the track with the up or down arrows and hit the load button above the job wheel?

Posted Fri 13 Oct 06 @ 4:00 pm
Sorry I didn't explain that very well..

If I want to load tracks without using the DAC3 and just use timecoded vinyls or CD's, how do I load tracks without having to drag and drop with the mouse?

Posted Fri 13 Oct 06 @ 4:03 pm
NiemsPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I don't have TCV, but i 'think' i read somehwere that you can do that using the actual vinyl and just spinning it like a jogwheel?? Maybe someone can confirm this

Posted Fri 13 Oct 06 @ 4:11 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
do you mean the browser function with timecodes?

on the TCV you would select it in the TC config options and then the last 2min of the TCV will activate the browser function. Once you have the track you want lift the needle and place it at the start of the TCV, once the TCV starts it will auto load the track in the deck. You do have to disable security options or it will ask you if you want to load the song with a currect song already playing warning.

Posted Fri 13 Oct 06 @ 4:30 pm
If your searching in the browser for a tune then you use the arrows on the keyboard to scroll to the track you want to play, how do you load that track into a deck using hotkeys? At present the only way I can work out how to do it is by using the mouse to drag the tune into the deck.

Posted Fri 13 Oct 06 @ 4:35 pm
OK, just worked I use the enter/retrun key to load a track. Thanks for your suggestions people.

Any idea where in the keyboard shortcuts menu I can change this so I have a separate load button for each deck on my computer keyboard?

Posted Fri 13 Oct 06 @ 4:46 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)