Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Happy with your Behringer BCD 2000?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

djkikePRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi all BCD2000 owners...
I'm thinking to change my MK2 for a BCD2000. I play 3-4 times a week at the club with it (to manage VDJ of course).
I read all posts on forums but I would appreciate any comments on BCD to make up my mind.
Thanks a lot.

Posted Fri 13 Oct 06 @ 3:21 am
the BCD works perfectly as a midi controller... perfectly...

but as a soundcard, it sucks... coupled with a nice u46dj, or maudio fasttrack pro, it's a dream....

just don't expect to use it's internal sound card.

-Steve

Posted Fri 13 Oct 06 @ 4:16 am
djkikePRO InfinityMember since 2004
...and how would you possition hercules DJC MK2 as soundcard?

Posted Fri 13 Oct 06 @ 10:03 am
I really know nothing of the hercules, except that the behringer feels like a much more sturdy unit....

however, I don't own a hercules, I bought one a year or so ago, and returned it, because I thought it felt cheap... perhaps it's been revised since... either way, I'm a firm believer in babying gear, so even a cheaply built unit, if properly cared for can offer a long stretch of usage.

Posted Fri 13 Oct 06 @ 10:54 am
For me BCD works fine and stable with 4.1
Sounds quite good to me (the same as HDJC) and I like that it has better phones preamplifier (comparable to Pioneer DJM500) than hercules, behringer 1000 mixer or my Numark DXM01.
I was quite surprised by it.
But yeah, it feels too plastic, but I like that it has clicker switches like pro consoles, and not the rubber buttons with carbon foil that pushes to circuit board as HDJC has.

I have it for a week only but I like it. My DAC2 stays at home for a while :-)

Posted Fri 13 Oct 06 @ 1:43 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)