Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Comparing:TimeCodeVinyl VS Numark CDX via MIDI

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I'd imagine that midi would have a quicker reaction time than a timecode record running on a decent audio card, but I was jsut exploring this as an option. Since now i'm coming to realize that you can connect midi devices to the PC, and they interact directly with the program, would this be a worth while option to consider? I mean, i'd be giving up my records, but i'd have the cds to back up my non video gigs.

So generally speaking, would it be more of a hastle/problem to have the cdx straight plugged in via usb2.0 and MIDI controlling the "Virtual Record", or just stick with the origional idea of getting a kick a$$ sound card and TCV??

-BTW, I didn't add those dollar signs to be cool :-)

Posted Wed 11 Oct 06 @ 6:11 am
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
I dont think that anything will ever replace the feel of vinyl, but if its a smaller set up time and lighter load your really looking for then I'd go with a controller too but at 1200 a piece i would research them all before buying

Posted Wed 11 Oct 06 @ 6:17 am
I was talking about the numark cd players, that have the vinyl record as a controller on top. Never used them before, but the main question that I was trying to get at, was would it be more economical to get 2 of those and hook them up directly to the cpu via midi, or would it still be better to get an expensive audio card and rely on time coded vinyl?? And, would you get naturally better control over the program via the numarks, BECAUSE they are midi?? I'm not too familiar with midi, so thats why I'm asking.

I don't know, i've talked to 2 people that use Vdj in clubs, and they say that the time code is "ok"
(Don't know what sound card they use though)

Posted Wed 11 Oct 06 @ 8:10 am
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
TCV would be the cheaper way compared to the controller. and depending on your soundcard you can have great control with TCV

Posted Wed 11 Oct 06 @ 8:12 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)