Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Hercules MK2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hey, I've been reading the forums for a while though, even though I haven't really posted.
Anyways I realised I have been hearing alot about this Hercules Mk2 but to be honest, as stupid as this may sound, I have no idea what it actually is or what its needed for, I assumed it has something to do with the time coded vinyls...am i right?

On another note, are there any users from Australia on this forum, I'm interested in buying the full version with all sorts of the great add-ons but am completely oblivious to how to obtain it here, as I've never really seen or heard of it around here.

Thanks for all the help.

Posted Wed 11 Oct 06 @ 2:29 am
The MK2 is a hardware controller for VDJ (and other DJ software) You do not NEED time control vinyl to use the MK2.

The MK2 has sliders for cross fading, and buttons for effects and cueing, etc. I find it easier to use the MK2 than my mouse. However, im just a bedroom DJ, the MK2 while nice, is not what I would call fully professional. It's nice thought, and has helped me greatly.

Here's some info on the MK2 (and pics)
http://www.hercules.com/showpage.php?swcty=UK&p=127

Peace,
James Rose
New York City

Posted Wed 11 Oct 06 @ 2:38 am
The Hercules D.J. Console MK2 is hybrid piece that includes being a controller, but also a soundcard, and a miniature mixer, all in one.

It has inputs for turntables, which you can use for analog vinyl audio, or for timecode control of Virtual D.J., but no, you do not need vinyl to control either Virtual D.J. or the Hercules DJC MK2.

Posted Thu 12 Oct 06 @ 8:26 am
thanks for the help guys, i'm having fun with the program at the moment and I can see just how limitless and powerful it could be when used with all the extras, however I'm not really sure how to obtain it in Australia.

I was thinking about getting maybe a couple of CD-J200's or maybe even the 100's but now that I've discoverd VDJ am not really sure.

I guess I could always buy a couple of the cd decks and a cheap mixer for now then when I save up a bit (ok, a lot) more money, get the full VDJ program and use the time coded CDs?

At the moment im veryyy short of cash, and althought its gona be bloody expensive for me as it is to get just the mixer and cd decks, I dont actually have a laptop so to be able to use the program to the full extent i would need to invest in one first....so, a shite load of cash later, i might be able to have some REAL fun with VDJ.
Btw, I'm not actually a pro DJ atm, obviously, but am very interested and have a few connections to som4e local DJs so have the resources to learn from, and VDJ has been a great learning curve as well, introducing me to beatmatching etc.

Thanks heaps guys

Posted Thu 12 Oct 06 @ 10:35 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)