Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Fatal Error when scanning Multiple MP3s

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

djzeroPRO InfinityMember since 2003
**sorry for the multiple post but the person that first found this bug should have posted it here**

i to have now encountered this problem with some mp3s i just recieved from a friend. I managed to get VDJ to send of an error report so hopfully it will be fixed in the next release. (although it crashes completly after sending the error report and does not recover)

diagnosis of the problem is that

1) it only happens when you are scaning more than one file at a time.

2) it works fine if you scan the problem files individually (either drag them onto a desk or right click and analise)

3) always happens on the same files ie. "Dj Shadow And Q bert - Live Mix" 33,778kb and "Buck 65 - Sounds From The Back Of The Bus" 5,727kb

4) the error message that appears is "Fatal Error in file I:OtherTimsBuck 65 - VertexBuck 65 - Sounds From The Back Of The Bus.mp3" and an OK button

5) if after clicking ok you go and click on another folder in the vdj directory tree it will crash the program. Recovery window does appear so you can send of an error report but the program does not recover after this.

This problem needs to be looked into properly. It apears that with the songs i have aqquared yesterday (they came on MP3 cds so i dont know how they were encoded) vdj doesn't like somthing about them.

I used the MixMister program on these before i scanned them with VDJ and the all scanned and updated there BPMs properly, also no other programs have had any problems playing these, (including VDJ if you just drag the song onto the desk and press play). it only happens when scanning multiple files at once.

I can send in a whole heap of files that cause this problem to the VDJ team if required, as i have isolated quite a few.

Posted Sat 17 Jul 04 @ 1:49 am

Posted Sat 17 Jul 04 @ 10:55 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)