Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: New Effect Engine

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi,

I have just installed the new vdj (4.1) and would like to know how to use the new action "effect_activate flanger" (for example). I have upgraded the skin version to 4.1, but cannot use any literals in the value textbox. I have tryed to bypass the dialogue, by adding the shortcuts to the shortcuts.xml file. They are simply ignored.

Does anybody know something?

Thanls,
Pier

Posted Mon 09 Oct 06 @ 8:08 pm
just use the name of the plugin you want to "permanently" asign to a key or midi shorcut

Posted Mon 09 Oct 06 @ 8:12 pm
You can now go to your shortcuts or skin and enter the effect name you want to activate. In the shortcuts go under effects then effect_activate and under value enter the name Flanger, select your key board shortcut and then save. Now you can activate the flanger with the stroke of that Key. You can do as many as you want with different effects.

OR

Use what Djnorway has posted above. He beat me to it.

Posted Mon 09 Oct 06 @ 8:15 pm
Thanks.
I have followed the dj-in-norway tutorial for selecting the effects (I have renamed them in 01_.... and so on)
actually, when I type flanger, or beatgrid the field is accepted, but no effect is triggered, but if i use the name of the plugin in the filesystem (i.e. 01_beat grid) the field takes the value 1

I don't know if there is a specific way to name the plugins, in order to use the new effect_activate feature.

Thanks again!!

Posted Tue 10 Oct 06 @ 11:05 am
remove the 01_ and 02_ etc in front...

See if that helps...

There might be some "bug" if the files have been renamed like that..

It works great with "beatgrid" and "flanger" etc for value ;)

Posted Tue 10 Oct 06 @ 5:58 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)