Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: BCD2000 Woes with 4.1

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Ok guys, I know it's supposed to work, but I get absolutely nothing with the asio drivers.

what do I have to do to get asio drivers to work?

the controller works ok if I use simple mode in the VDJ sound setup, but there's so many options, what is correct?

what are the settings for the BCD control panel, and what drivers do we need, and what are the soundcard settings in VDJ that we need to use?

you guys released the update, therefore, someone there must know how to make the damn thing work...

please help... it doesn't work on all 3 of my machines, and my buddies can't get theirs to work either...

so much for native support..... well, so much for easy is more like it... any help guys?

please?

not bitching, just seeking the truth...

Posted Mon 09 Oct 06 @ 10:44 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
vdj now natively supports it as in it will recive instructions from it

unfortunately

the BCD2000 drivers which are shipped out with it are unstable and cause problems in many programs

i read that virtual dj cant do much more about it

and its beringers fault.

Posted Mon 09 Oct 06 @ 10:46 am

You need to set the bcd in "B-DJ" mode, not in "Advanced" mode.

Set latency to auto inside Virtual DJ, or set it as high as 1024...

This because the BCD2000 drivers are very unstable, and if the buffer of audio runs out, it might freeze or crash. Depending on how fast PC you have, and what other tasks are running on it, and if your USB port have its own unique IRQ, that might or might not be a big problem for you...
And hopefully Behringer will release new asio drivers real soon...

Posted Mon 09 Oct 06 @ 11:06 am
moramaxPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005

Posted Mon 09 Oct 06 @ 12:03 pm
Dev staffHome userSenior staffMember since 2003
Well, actually the tutorial in moramax' blog is for version 4.0, not 4.1.

In version 4.1, using a BCD2000 is very straightforward. Open VirtualDJ, click on "config", go to the "sound" panel, and in the list with all the images, select the BCD2000 picture.
the console should then work directly.

If it's not, here's a short troubleshooting guide:

- If you don't have a bcd picture in the soundconfig list, please install bcd's drivers.

- If the "scratch" LED on the bcd didn't light up, then either the bcd is not connected (yes, I've seen that happen), is already in use by another software (make sure behringer's bdj software is not running in the background), or most probably you still have yoke installed (you need to remove any midi translator you might have installed when you were using v3.4).

- If you need to press every button twice to have them work, you need to open the bcd config (click on the bcd icon on the system tray) and put it back in its default "B-DJ" mode (not "Advanced" mode).

- If the buttons are working ok, but the playback acts like it's freezed, then you have a performance issue (Behringer's actual ASIO driver are very unstable and if the system spend just a little too long working on a audio chunk, the driver will crash and the playback will appear freezed). Try to raise the latency, and change the performance in virtualdj's config panel to lower settings.
Also, it seems behringer's ASIO driver has an issue with sharing the USB's IRQ with other applications. If you're computer savy enough, try to assign its own IRQ to the usb hub hosting the bcd.

Posted Mon 09 Oct 06 @ 2:12 pm
It ran for a whole 5 seconds.....

I can't believe it could be my machines... two amd 64 3800+ with a gig of ram each ,

and a shuttle with an amd64 4000+ with two gigs of ram....

funny how thw included BCD software runs all night without a burp, but I can't get it to run in VDJ for a full 10 seconds....

bummer......

Posted Mon 09 Oct 06 @ 7:31 pm

Well, the reason might be quite simple....

The B-DJ software probably run with a higher buffer than what you set in VDJ.

Just increase your buffer size in VDJ, until the BCD2000 run without locking up...
(its related to bad asio drivers from Behringer, and if the buffer runs out, it will crash)

Posted Mon 09 Oct 06 @ 7:37 pm
heh... I increased it all the way to 2048 and it still won't run....

like I said, It runs like a champ as a controller, but the asio soundcard in it just sucks! I have smokin' machines, and it still won't run, so the BCD is not a product I wanna' touch right now....

we'll just have to wait for a better driver....

and knowing behringer, that could be.... uh.... never...

:)

Thanks for your help

Posted Mon 09 Oct 06 @ 7:44 pm

Sorry to hear...
I think the BCD2000 is quite sensitive to a users pc configurations, software in use etc.

Many users have BCD2000 working stable with 4.0/4.1... But I'm pretty sure this will not be true for all. Unfortunately

Same goes with EVERY software that tries to support the console, INCLUDING B-DJ from Xylio.
The official developer even said straight out it WONT work for all, due to the bad drivers..

Maybe some tweaking can make it work for you.....

Although it works for you in one software, its no garantee it will work in another software, it seems...
Maybe due to what way software use resources at pc's...

But looking at other dj forums, same goes there... Some are damn happy, some not... And some even have faulty devices (Behringer will replace that.. )

Seems the device is a hard one to make work for all...

Posted Mon 09 Oct 06 @ 7:51 pm
that's true, a friend of mine uses the bcd but he has always had problems with asio drivers, I thought it was because of his "cracked version", but I see that some pro users still have that problem, I guess that is beacuse of some chipsets conflict. I tested the bcd with 4 different machines models and they all work fine. A shikatroniks motherboard and 2 intel besides a laptop intel as well.

Posted Mon 09 Oct 06 @ 8:02 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)