Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Bad recording sound

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have a Hecules Dj Console and a standard sound card which came with my PC. I'm no computer wiz but I was told by the sales person that the sound card built into the dj console is all that I need. I'm running a 2.4 P4 with 512 ddr ram. I'm using Vdj 1.09, the console came with 1.08 and I upgraded. By the way I don't have a serial number I take it this is a demo version.

When I record, the sound is not very clear, sounds good through my speakers but when I listen to the recording after I have made the CD from the recorded wav. file; its horrible. The sound also drops at points when the track I'm playing has a creat build up or sudden base returne after a break?
Need help, thanks to anyone who can.
Cheers.

Posted Fri 16 Jul 04 @ 4:07 pm
record in vdj? is that what u mean?

and, u got a console version (got limitations, but is not a demo that stops working after a few days)

Posted Fri 16 Jul 04 @ 5:16 pm
Thanks for your reply,
Yes, I'm recording using VDJ which records live into wav. I use the VDJ software which came with my Herc. dj console. It must not be demo because it doesn't expie or need to be reloaded, it stable but it isn't the v2.

Posted Fri 16 Jul 04 @ 5:24 pm
djbambiPRO InfinityMember since 2003
for a better sound, in VDJ config panel, try disabling the time-stretching (hence changing tempo will also change pitch), and if you've got level issues try disabling the auto-gain and deal with gains manually.
Also, do not tweek the console's EQ knobs all the way to the right, on the bass it will most often create distorsion.

Nicolas

Posted Fri 16 Jul 04 @ 6:42 pm
SharanPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I will try those suggestions! Though i reckon this is mainly the fault of non working ASIO drivers with VDJ. I used to mix and record with Traktor before and sound quality was WAY better with it!! So hopefully the VDJ crew will manage soon to incorporate that feature in a working way into their mixing software...

Posted Tue 20 Jul 04 @ 2:13 pm
I record always with Virtual DJ & console, and never had any problem with it. In fact, one time I used a pre-recorded mix for my radioshow and after the show the big boss called me to ask 'how on earth did you get that clear sound?'.

Which is funny of course ;-)

Check your parameters and look at the green head below. I guess there is the problem.

Posted Thu 22 Jul 04 @ 8:05 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)