Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Unexpected loop when a song finish

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi there,

I´m a Hercules DJ Console user. It has hapened to me some times when a mp3 it´s finishing in plate "A" and other is playing in plate "B", that the system get trapped in a unexpected loop four or five times and then finally stop and the song in plate "B" getout from the loop.

Both songs where long, a bit more than 10 min. could it be the reason?

How can this prblem be fixed?

Armand ( ^_^)

Posted Mon 12 Jul 04 @ 9:46 am
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003

Posted Mon 12 Jul 04 @ 2:39 pm
Ok erXon, we got a patch, now i suggest find a solution.
Someone in the support team knows how to solve the problem

To smile to the dance floor while you don´t know why a rare loop happens is not a nice situation (!O.O), ha ha.

Thanx for your aswer erXon, respect.

Armand ( ^_^)

Posted Mon 12 Jul 04 @ 9:47 pm
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
agree, it's definately not nice to happen on a gig. But that is the only soulution I can give you, hopefully dev staff will look in this and maybe give you (and others with the problem) a better answer.

Posted Mon 12 Jul 04 @ 10:34 pm
djzeroPRO InfinityMember since 2003
from my experience this only starts happening when you dont have enough RAM and VDJ starts using a Virtual Memory (scratch disk). from what i've seen when it starts doing its little loop thing, it clears some memory space and loads the end of the song into memory and then continues to play fine.
RAM is cheap these days absolute minimum i would want to use stabally is 512, 1gb is alot better though.
i had this problem with an earlier version when i was running 256mb (and a much slower processor P3 450) upgraded to 512 and no problems since then but i'm still going to get another 512 anyway

Posted Tue 13 Jul 04 @ 3:05 am
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Definately a system resourse problem. first try adding more RAM.

Posted Tue 13 Jul 04 @ 2:37 pm
djzeroPRO InfinityMember since 2003
easy estamate as to how much ram you *should* have is to take the 2 maximum times you want to play on each deck and times that by 10 in megabytes. ie 10 min song you would want 100mb ram (dont forget that in XP it needs about 100~150 to work properly so dont forget to add this on) so if you had 2, 10 min loaded you would want approxamatly 350mb of ram and so on.

Dont forget taht RAM is cheap these days, i plan on upgrading to 2gb so that i can load my 80min mixes on each deck without interuptions.

i'd say as a rule of thumb that you would want no less than 512 or perhaps 384 if your into mixing up RAM chip values.

generally most songs taht you would play would be no longer than 15 mins so this would work out to be ~450 mb. if you plan on running multiple applications again you will need more ram (especially if you are using multi instances of vdj). for a dedicated machiene i would recomend atleast 512, and 1 gig for people running other programs in the background

Posted Tue 13 Jul 04 @ 3:07 pm
Ok, i see. Thx to all for the info.

At the end of this month i will be in a rave for four days and i will test the system there. I hope things goes softly.

see ya in da net.

Armand ::( ^__^)::

Posted Wed 14 Jul 04 @ 2:30 pm
it is definitively a ram problem/system problem

i have only had those "loops" happening when i try vdj at a slower pc...

i never see that happen on my faster pc with more ram...

you might want to change "max load" to non or 5 mins... that can help until you get more ram... also, freeing system ressourses helps a lot (turn off anti-virus, and other progs running in the background)

Posted Wed 14 Jul 04 @ 3:17 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)