Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Question about Time coded Cds

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

HoffmanPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hi,

Thanks for any response.

I wil be using VDJ at the clubs which have updated Pioneer CDJ1000's and DVJ Players. These both obviously read MP3.

At home I do not have any cd players but I want to try and fully test out the software/laptop/soundcard (and CD players) as close to being at the club as possible. So I need CD players.

My friend just lent me old Pioneer CDJ-100's to try when the laptop comes in 1 week.
I just learned they do not read Mp3.

I also understand the time code download is MP3.

Other than trying to get newer cd players (which I would probably have to buy), can I downlod the time code MP3 and then open in Soundforge and resave as .wav file? I am pretty sure the old Pioneer 100 would play .wav files.

Thanks.

B

Posted Tue 19 Sep 06 @ 12:28 am
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
U suppose to download the mp3 and burn it to cd, not use it as a mp3 once you burn the mp3 to a audio cd , it will convert it to standard cd format for any cd player. Good Luck!!!

Posted Tue 19 Sep 06 @ 12:55 am
Hi,
I have always burned .wavs on CD to DJ with.

I never burned Mp3's to CD so I was told today that if your file is mp3 format and you burn it to cd, then in effect you are playing an mp3 file (song). Therefore if the CD player does not recongize mp3 (like the pioneer 100), how can it recognize the mp3 time code?

Thanks.

Posted Tue 19 Sep 06 @ 1:12 am
thats not true, thats only the case if you make an mp3 cd....what ur doing is making an audio cd, if u have to burn it to disc with windows media player, that way it will automatically burn to regular cd

Posted Tue 19 Sep 06 @ 1:14 am
Hey Philly,

So what you are saying is, if I have an mp3 song on my computer and burn it in Nero Express to CD like someone would burn a normal music file, it is not an mp3 and does need an mp3 cd player?

makes sense.

B

Posted Tue 19 Sep 06 @ 2:00 am
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
Yes, when you choose audio project in Nero, it will automatically make it an audio cd (Mp3,ogg, wav, etc.).

Posted Tue 19 Sep 06 @ 2:40 am
Thanks Dj Alf, I was running some errands

@hoffman I hope it's all cleared up for you , good luck

Posted Tue 19 Sep 06 @ 3:08 am
Crystal clear.

THanks whole bunch.

Posted Tue 19 Sep 06 @ 3:33 am
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
No problemo, keep spinnin' ;)

Posted Tue 19 Sep 06 @ 4:16 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)