Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Performace Tab, safe mode and overclock Detailed Explination

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

There looks to be five (if I remember correctly) settings of the performance tab in VDJ. How dooes each alter the performace of the sound? Time stretch only? Can someone tell us. I have a very powerful computer and have it set on second to lowest and my home computer is set one step higher without garbled sound. I am using ASIO on my powerful computer. I think if we have a better explination of what was developed in the software (include explinations of what safe mode and overclocked does) and it will help many in the settings of our systems or what we need to upgrade or replace to take full advantage of the software. And I do ask this of a developer or programer, not of someone who says "set to whatever makes your computer sounds best" that doesn't help (please don't take offense, your input is appreciated but I strongly feel this is needed)... Thank you for your help.

Posted Mon 18 Sep 06 @ 6:19 am
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
This options will be explained in the V4 manual and should be out very soon, check the manual page often.

Posted Mon 18 Sep 06 @ 6:41 am
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
Safe Mode – If you are using a DirectX mode (like Simple, Dual, Mono or 4.1), in safe mode
glitches and pops are less likely to occur if your CPU is momentarily busy. On the downside,
scratching and pitching will use more CPU, especially with advanced algorithms. When using
advanced Master Tempo turn this off, unless the computer is very fast.
(Note: this option has no effect on ASIO or Low-Latency modes)

Overclock – This setting can make a computer run faster and therefore
be compatible with lower latencies. Designed for laptops, it has been proven to have no effect on regualr desktop pc's.

Posted Mon 18 Sep 06 @ 6:42 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)