Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: dac-3 dimensions

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

as the title says does any one know the dimensions (height, width, depth) of the dac-3 and where i can possible see back shots of one to see connections and positions ect
going to start building my new console to fit a dac 3 when i get one, till using a dmc just now

Posted Thu 14 Sep 06 @ 10:06 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
Well its a 3U (5.25")and 19" wide and 2" deep with out the feet on which are 1".
The usb is recessed into the right side below the mounging flange so there's no interference.

It smokes any other controller out there imo.

Posted Thu 14 Sep 06 @ 10:30 pm

Just to support mp3jrick with his comments on the DAC-3. It is absolutely great to use. I'm really glad I got it.

A

Posted Fri 15 Sep 06 @ 11:27 am
Although I have been having issues with my left play button (of course the frikin play button) I like it also.

Posted Fri 15 Sep 06 @ 3:35 pm
vantinedj wrote :
Although I have been having issues with my left play button (of course the frikin play button) I like it also.

If you're prepared to take your DAC-3 apart, contact cleaner (As used for noisy mixer volume sliders) will cure the problem with your play button. I had this problem on my DAC-3 a while back, but after cleaning it, it's worked a treat. I've not had any more problems.

Not everyone has had this problem, so some earlier manufactured units may have had a problem with their microswitches (Solved by using contact cleaner spray.)

Posted Fri 15 Sep 06 @ 5:33 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)