Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: sound cards for virtual dj v4.0

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

i have a sony vaio pentium 4 with ht ,3.0GHz, 2MB cache , 1GB ram , 256 RADEON X700 >> im planing on buying a set of turntables i will like to know what are the recomended sound cards for virtual dj v4.0 so i can use it with the turntables >> what turntables work good with virtual dj v4.0

Posted Thu 14 Sep 06 @ 2:12 am
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
ESI U46DJ sound card is your best choice for TCV use and any turntable that has Direct Drive Motor. I don't have turntables but I am planning to get them for TCV use, and my best for now is Numark tt500.

Posted Thu 14 Sep 06 @ 3:32 am
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

Posted Thu 14 Sep 06 @ 5:05 am
Are you ok? :)

Posted Thu 14 Sep 06 @ 6:00 am
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
You can use M-Audio Delta 44 or 66 or 1010LT or Firewire 1814, also Terratec 88 or even a Creative X-Fi Platinum or Fatal1ty or Elite Pro.

And of course the Esi-Pro U46DJ and others which have 2 Stereo line INputs and 2 stereo Line Outputs and works in ASIO at least.

But FIRST, buy your licence of VDJ Pro, or these soundcards will be useless without it. And you could have all benefits as a registered professional user of VDJ.

Good Luck!

Posted Thu 14 Sep 06 @ 4:27 pm
SupaconPRO InfinityMember since 2005
It seems that I've been having bad luck with Virtual DJ 4's sound via M-Audio sound cards.

I get lots of pops and crackles, EVEN with performance settings turned all the way to their lowest settings.

I've used it with a Delta 410, a Delta 1010LT (PCI), and a Firewire Audiophile...

What's going on here? I'm kind of tempted to try another card. Is the U46DJ really the best card? I'd think that its USB interface would be less efficient than a PCI soundcard's interface...

Posted Mon 18 Sep 06 @ 2:50 am
U46DJ is a great card, provided you can get ASIO to work properly. I just got this card for a clients PC, installed the drivers, and ASIO wouldn't work. After some searching I found that the drivers have problems when OEM versions of Windows XP. (Which is exactly what I was using.) I ended up loading ASIO4ALL which works perfectly with VDJ 4.0

Posted Mon 18 Sep 06 @ 5:00 am
SupaconPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Huh? WTF would be the difference between an OEM version of XP and one in a box?

And for that matter, who doesn't use an OEM version of XP...

Bizarre. I hope that's not too common of a problem.

Posted Mon 18 Sep 06 @ 8:40 am
I have a delta 410. Works on second to lowest setting with safe mode off.

Posted Mon 18 Sep 06 @ 9:52 pm
Supacon wrote :
Huh? WTF would be the difference between an OEM version of XP and one in a box?

OEM is not for end users, it is for installing on a new PC and XP Pro in a Box is user license which means you have the right to transfer it to another PC if you want.

Posted Tue 19 Sep 06 @ 3:14 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)