Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: MK2 + Pitch/BPM issue

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hey gang,

I know that I'm going to ask a moronic question so....

I'm running version 4 and when I have a tune that is running at a higher or lower BPM and I wish to use the PITCH knob to SLOWLY adjust the pitch to another level (for example: to get the current tune's BPM closer to the upcoming tune's BPM)

However when I attempt to do this the tune snaps back to it's original/scanned BPM and you can hear the difference (say 120 to 133bpm) Not good.

Once it snaps back to it's original beat I can then change it slowly.

So... what option or such do I need to set?

Thanks,
James Rose
New York City

Posted Wed 13 Sep 06 @ 11:01 pm
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
You mean, the key is changed? You can use Keylock feature on V4 just below pitch with lock button and it will not change the key of the track. It is the Master Tempo feature and you can set it to better quality, if you have powerfull machine.

Posted Thu 14 Sep 06 @ 2:17 am
Not the key, the BPM. (thanks though)
By adjusting the PITCH knob on the MK2 it adjusts the tune's current BPM. However when a tune's BPM is off it's natural (ie: the tune's actual BPM is 122 but is currently playing at 127) and I use the Pitch know it doesn't slide the BPM down to 122 (127..126..125..etc) it SNAPS the BPM to 122. Which, as you can imagine is a bit jaring.

I know I had this issue with 3.4 and I had to set an option to fix this... but I'm playing with options and not finding it.

So.. any ideas peoples?

Thanks,
James Rose

Posted Thu 14 Sep 06 @ 3:24 pm
Does it also happen if you do it directly in VDJ using the mouse?

Does the same thing happen if you switch the slider on the console to control the pitch rather than the knobs?

Posted Thu 14 Sep 06 @ 4:02 pm

Turn off Auto-bpm, or set it to smart

Posted Thu 14 Sep 06 @ 4:10 pm
Thanks, but that doesnt work (on either setting)

Just to be specific/redundant. This ONLY happens when a tune is off it's registered BPM and then I try to adjust the Pitch know. It resets quickly. After that, as the song is playing, when I adjust the Pitch know the BPM change gradually... as it should

Any other ideas?

Peace,
James Rose

Posted Thu 14 Sep 06 @ 8:34 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)