Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Sync Problem VDJ4

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Rory05PRO InfinityMember since 2005
Hey,

I've been using version 4 for a while now and its very good. Love the new engine. I'm having some major problems with it sliding out of sync when mixing hip hop and some times simple 4/4 dance/electro etc.! The BPM's are exactly matched etc but it's still happening! Never had these problems with 3.4!! Can someone help me please?!?! I'm supposed to be doing some electro.breaks demo's this week an I need to get this sorted asap!!

Thanks Guys,

Rory

Posted Tue 12 Sep 06 @ 6:36 pm
Come on people!!! Anyone??

Posted Wed 13 Sep 06 @ 12:49 am
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
Well, when you scan your rap and Hip hop tracks you have to use "any music" engine to get the correct Bpm's. Even than can be mistake, if VDJ didn't put the * next to Bpm's in browser. If "Any music" engine doesn't help you, you will have to manually edit Bpm's (via Tap button).

Posted Wed 13 Sep 06 @ 1:11 am
Yeh, I have been using the any music engine. I'll give the tapping a go. Cheers

Rory

Posted Wed 13 Sep 06 @ 1:33 am
Somebody else on the forums recently mentioned about the "sync_no cbg" feature of VDJ, maybe this could help if your mixes are just slightly out.

This just lines up the the beats to the closest beat of the next song, ignoring the grid below each wavform.

To get that you need to make a shortcut to it on the keyboard or on your controller if you have one.

To do that,

Go to "config"
then click "keyboard shortcuts"
then click "Add"
now click," deck controls" from the white panel on the left
select "sync_nocbg"
press the button that you want to use to activate the feature.
click "ok"
and job done!

hope that helps. :)

Posted Wed 13 Sep 06 @ 1:41 am
I think I know what you mean an I'll give it a try. When I'm mixing hip-hop the big blocks on the waveforme are rarely aligned though! I match different bits of the waves up etc.

Thanks,
Rory

Posted Wed 13 Sep 06 @ 8:39 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)