Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: The best VirtualDJ

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

DJStoleHome userMember since 2005
I want to try if it is posible to make a list where the member can vote for the best Virtual DJ and to be there a top 10 of VirtualDJs. It is interesting lets try :) Thanks

Posted Mon 11 Sep 06 @ 5:18 pm
It would be nice, but almost impossible to implement.

There are over 4 million registered users of VDJ !!

Posted Mon 11 Sep 06 @ 5:53 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
I'm very good in my job at least that's what others say, and even if i use virtual dj, i'm mot virtual....
i'm real -)

Posted Mon 11 Sep 06 @ 7:34 pm
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
lol :)))

Actually you are right ;)

Posted Mon 11 Sep 06 @ 7:37 pm
Let's see what the others will say are they good or not:))) Yes i agree that with 4 mil. user it is hard but the topic is open :)) and maybe some interesting idea will came ok every thing in right time :)))

Posted Mon 11 Sep 06 @ 8:53 pm
It's impossible to say.. Taking myself for instance I dj mainly in the club scene every weekend and merely use virtual dj radio as a bit of a muck around time to share music.. And I am sure there are many others like me...

Posted Tue 12 Sep 06 @ 9:07 am
What would be the criteria.........everybody has their own flavor, style, music genre, taste in song selection, mixing style, some like effects & scratching etc and some think it's a waste of time and resources. There is a HUGE difference between djing from your bedroom on an internet broadcast and rocking a live room of over 1000 customers night in and night out, year after year (who, by the way must think your pretty damn good 'cause they're paying to come listen and dance to your mix)..........oh yeah, some of us will never get the chance to either broadcast or listen to broadcasts because we Dj for a living and don't have time!

Posted Tue 12 Sep 06 @ 11:20 am
Yes maybe you are right, but DJ is is man who can make party every very at radio at party at pub. You are rihgt for the time but if you have a minute you can put your comment in the topic if you want and may be interesting. :)) And every one can make mix wich can be hear from many peoples (i mean nobody must dance on hs mix if it's not good for him but it is enought to hear and give a vote if that will be posible)

Posted Tue 12 Sep 06 @ 4:03 pm
Also we can make interesting conversation about what is good DJ for you (everybody)?
I mean the way of mixing effects and scratching ect..

Posted Tue 12 Sep 06 @ 4:08 pm
We could maybe do it for those Dj's featuring on the VirtualDJ radio.

Other than that it's impossible to vote for DJ's you've never heard!!

Posted Tue 12 Sep 06 @ 6:06 pm
Yes you are right. That is good idea why not at the Radio there are good DJS wich can take a vote

Posted Tue 12 Sep 06 @ 7:04 pm
digimixer wrote :
We could maybe do it for those Dj's featuring on the VirtualDJ radio.

Other than that it's impossible to vote for DJ's you've never heard!!

Yes, we could vote the Radio DJs of VirtualDJ Radio.
Maybe they could place a VOTE or something in the VDJ Radio site.

Posted Wed 13 Sep 06 @ 11:18 am
yes you are right. I think it will be very interesting why not to try

Posted Wed 13 Sep 06 @ 7:26 pm
The only problem i would forsee has been mentioned earlier.. the criteria!!

Would people vote for the most techincally gifted DJ? or would they vote for the DJ who played the tracks (style of music) that they liked?

Also, i think a big part of what makes a good DJ is his/her ability to read the crowd and keep them dancing, which isn't really applicable with Radio!!

Posted Wed 13 Sep 06 @ 10:47 pm
Ok, I also understand a good DJ is the one who is watching the crowd and make them dance.

But as you say, it's not applicable to the Radio. So we have to RANK them in other aspects like:

- GLOBAL SET FEELING
- MIXES QUALITY
- SONGS SELECTION
- USE OF FXs (or ABUSE)

All this categories with 0 to 10 values.
Is the only way, if some of us want to vote the Radio DJs

Posted Thu 14 Sep 06 @ 12:59 pm
Yes this is something wich can be we can vote for this aspects.

Posted Thu 14 Sep 06 @ 3:01 pm
MatixadHome userMember since 2006
Virual Dj - Best;)
I am from Kazahstan!
and i use Virtual Dj 4.0

Posted Fri 15 Sep 06 @ 11:04 pm
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004

Posted Fri 15 Sep 06 @ 11:12 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)