Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Analyzing tracks peaks processor

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
Somehow my tags got screwed up with music match when I loaded my ipod up. Not the .mp3 tags on the drive just the tags within the program.

So, I had to reload my data base which meant I have to re-analyze all my tracks, and then correct them to mix and loop properly.

So I am doing this for what seems hours, now days on end and I notice how slow the % process is moving and check my task manager only to find the cpu usage at 100%.
I stopped the process and rebooted and tried it again with the same results.

No other programs running at the time, just sloooooooow going now after nearly 24 hours, and all because I needed to reload my data base.
This is a Sony Vaio P4 @2.8 with 512 mg, what gives?

Posted Tue 06 Jul 04 @ 8:45 pm
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
when u do a full anylize it does use 100% of the cpu in between songs it may go down to 97% but for the most part even my pc uses 100% for anylizing also when ur decoding the song to wave (load it) it also uses 100%
I usually select one folder at a time and do a full anylize of that folder so my cpu gets a break in between
also sometimes it may reach a badly encoded mp3 or wma file and it will stay stuck on it --for what seems like forever
that might be why its taking so long ... but the cpu usage is correct just try what i do so it gets a break in between

Posted Fri 16 Jul 04 @ 7:37 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)