Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: video problems

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

rjd137PRO InfinityMember since 2006
all right guys,
here is what is going on. when no videos are playing in vdj and the two Mimi screens channel a, and b, are blank, so you don’t see anything, but when you look at the plasma screen's all you see is a dark .. Very dark grey screen with white lines running through the screen going up and down. And when you play a video and any part of the top or bottom of the video is cut out for an effect, you very clearly see the lines. now I’ve tried different TV’s I get the same. I have tried playing the same video on DVD and I don’t get the lines at all. so i played the same video from my DVD player on my laptop using real player i think it was and i DONT get any lines in the video. Now just yesterday dell replaced my video card and I am still getting the same lines. so I no its something in vdj and hopefully... its just a settings thing something I don’t know how to do yet. And in performance I’m in the fastest setting, if that helps anyone. and another thing, I’m also getting some stuttering going on but not when you see the video on the TV just on the pc screens. can anyone help me.

Thanks

Posted Sat 09 Sep 06 @ 12:00 am
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
Tring to understand

When you say you are seeing lines on the video out what type of input are you using svideo? Do the tv's share the same ground as the laptop? In other words do the lines go away when the laptop is running on batteries? Also you may need to set your second monitor resoultion lower just thinking out loud.

Posted Sat 09 Sep 06 @ 3:06 am
try turning off hardware acceleration in config/video ..that should solve your problem ;-)

Posted Sat 09 Sep 06 @ 4:31 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)