Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Windows 2000 and PCI E X16

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Well I am having problems with my system sharing IRQ's with Windows XP Media Center Edition. Will adding Windows 2000 Professional to the system support PCI E X16 Graphics cards??? The problem is that everything I add keeps going to the same IRQ of 16 and there is no way to change it, or is there??? There is nothing in the BIOS, and in Device Manager the Boxes for automatic are all greyed out and can't be changed. Thanks

Posted Fri 08 Sep 06 @ 8:11 am
XP Pro, and Media centre should support the same devices, Pro, maybe more. If windows does not support it directly maybe the manufacturer should anyway.

In windows you can "Change" the irqs, but I find its just cosmetic and changes it on the screen while underneath windows leaves the IRQ the same. I have found the best way to change IRQ's is to physically move the cards around from slot to slot, as each slot is assigned a IRQ.

Posted Fri 08 Sep 06 @ 9:37 am
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
Windows 2000 isn't a good choice here. Better maybe Windows XP Pro or home ed or Media Center.

IRQs can be changed in the Windows Device Manager. Right Click on My PC icon and select Propeties->Hardware->Device Manager

Goood Luck!

Posted Fri 08 Sep 06 @ 10:01 am
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
I have winxp home and everything works :)

Posted Fri 08 Sep 06 @ 11:25 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)