Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: some VOB files not sync with sound!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

bmacPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Thanks for all the virtual DJ support. they are awesome!. I'mt writing this message -cause I can't
find any similar problem like this in the forum. So here is my scenario.....
I use smartripper to convert my DVd to VOB files. Some of
my VOb files vdieo and sound is not sync. I noticed that
this happen mostly when the DVD sound have no 2ch audio( I think)
and have only 6ch. My Video card is a PNY 7300 GS 256 nvidia. I'm using Numark 200usb mixer. Computer is 64athlon with 1gig DDR and a SATA2 hard drive. If I play this VOB files using Media playerand its OK. Is there a way I can fix this problem? tried different setting on the virtual dj still have same result. Need HELp!

Help
ben (Chicago)

Posted Fri 08 Sep 06 @ 2:23 am
Have a good read of the DivX tutorial in my blog, especially the section on resyncing audio and video, I believe the method I described MAY work for Vobs too.

Posted Fri 08 Sep 06 @ 4:34 am
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
N-Vidia 7300GS it's a very bad and slow videocard... If you try hardware acceleration in this video card it cannot do the job fast, if the sound is first and the video is in second place then this is the issue.

If it's first the video and then the sound it's a sync problem because of AC-3... If you no want to change anything, maybe converting those VOB to DivX6 will solve this problem.

By the way, DivX 6.3 got an option to give the compression you want in the audio section, so you can have those Videos at full 320Kbps (or 224kbps that is DVD default).

good Luck!

Posted Fri 08 Sep 06 @ 8:00 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Try first without converting the .vob as Vdj v4 is compatible with AC3

Posted Fri 08 Sep 06 @ 1:56 pm
djcel,

What you want me to try first without converting the .vob as Vdj v4 is compatible with AC3?
Also what kind of video card you recommend to get the best video?

Posted Fri 08 Sep 06 @ 4:26 pm
frd1963PRO InfinityMember since 2004
Bmac,

Does this occur with V3.4 or V4.0?

If V3.4, try V4.0.

V4.0 is compatible with AC3 audio and I can verify that it does have sound improvements, but not sure if these improvements will affect sync issues you may be having.

Posted Fri 08 Sep 06 @ 5:18 pm
My .vob's work fine in 3.4 and 4.0, so the last thing I would do is convert to a different format. As a matter of fact, some of my videos are now working better than before. I will post about the tweaks I did later this evening.

Posted Fri 08 Sep 06 @ 10:33 pm
Thanks, I will wait for your tweak. whats the best video card that will play smooth video?

Posted Sat 09 Sep 06 @ 4:35 am
TopHouse wrote :
Have a good read of the DivX tutorial in my blog, especially the section on resyncing audio and video, I believe the method I described MAY work for Vobs too.

Thanks for that TopHouse Took your advise on smartripper, was just curious as to if when ripping chapters into vob files, is it supposed to make on vob per chaper, or as it did with me, on vob for one track, and one vob with the other two tracks in it.

Awesome work there though as I too had problems with not finding a ripper that will convert chapters to seperate tracks.

Posted Sat 09 Sep 06 @ 6:53 am
The tracks on a promo only are split into seperate chapters withing a couple of vobs, hence why you can select song 1, song 2 etc, so if you rip to split 'by chapter' you will get one vob for each song. Is that not what you got?

Occasionally you will get one of the tracks that goes out of synch (no idea why) but the virtualdubmod fixes it. It's almost always a 200ms delay you get when it happens.

Posted Sat 09 Sep 06 @ 12:48 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)