Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: help

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

i lost all my music in my folder and now have none left it was about 2000 songs,ive tried system restore and it didnt work.IS THERE ANY WAY TO GET THEM ALL BACK

Posted Fri 08 Sep 06 @ 1:58 am
Unfortunately I believe they are gone. Did you back them up to another drive??

Posted Fri 08 Sep 06 @ 2:17 am
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
How did they disappear? Did you deleted them or? If the files are deleted you can restore them with software GetDataBack.

Posted Fri 08 Sep 06 @ 3:59 am
I lost my songs about a year agoo too. Only thing is it was ELEVEN THOUSAND tunes. Took me about 2 months to re-rip them. Any that I had bought on-line had been backed up. Long story made short is...back up your tunes and VDJ/Atomix on a disc. That was the advice given to me a long time ago on this forum. I am sorry you lost your tunes. I don't have a clue on how to recover them. :-((

Posted Sat 09 Sep 06 @ 6:50 am
Rule#1 : BACKUP, just dump your collection of an external HD, twice to be more sure..

Now a possible solution:

First off do not do ANYTHING to the partition the files are on (yes they will most likely still be there..)

Second get R-STudio here. Remember to NOT write to the partition your data is on! IMO R-STudio has been one of my better software purchases! It saved my skin on multiple occasions..

Use R-Studio to scan the partition and after it's done find the lost files in the scan results, then have then recovered to another partition (you might want to get a separate external HD for this..)

When recovered do rule #1 ..

Posted Sat 09 Sep 06 @ 7:22 am
NiemsPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Am I correct in saying that when you shift+delete something or empty recycle bin, it only removes the addresses from the FAT table and not the actual files? And then over-writes the 'deleted' files when something needs to be saved?

Posted Sat 09 Sep 06 @ 11:11 am
If just deleted your files, without using the recycler, you need to stop writring in the partition where you lost your data.
then you may use getdataback to recover your files. this siftware has been designed to recover data according to your partition format, so you need to buy the one which operates on ntfs (if you use ntfs) or fat (if use fat)

remeber not to write to the partition where you lost your data: they are still there.

Note:
there are other tools which may do the same, just do a google search.

Pier

Posted Sat 09 Sep 06 @ 12:38 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)