Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Luck with Dell Desktops

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Ok I have to post this cause I am getting very frustrated with the PC not VDJ
Anyone have any luck with VDJ and the E510 from Dell??? I am having nothing but troubles with sound!!! My other system runs VDJ flawlessly (Both 3.4 and 4).
The Dell Specs
Pentium D 2.66
2 Gig Ram
ATI X600 Video
250 Gig HD

Now to the trained eye, those specs would look good for VDJ. In my case they are keeping me up at night and still no success making VDJ sound good. Hell I can't even get 3.4 to stop the crackles and pops.

My gig system that runs flawless
P4 2.6
ATI Radeon 9550 AGP
1.5 Gig ram

Posted Thu 07 Sep 06 @ 11:52 am
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
The single best thing you can do for a laptop or desktop bought retail, is re-install an oem operating system. Even the guys that review systems this is the first thing they do.

Posted Thu 07 Sep 06 @ 2:53 pm
Yes, many softwares that you install - unistall make the operating system like a big rubbish bag.

Keep you data files in CD or DVDs (check you can open them in other's PC) and reisntall the OEM or recovery CD of your laptop.

So you'll be sure you have your OS clean.

Posted Thu 07 Sep 06 @ 4:05 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
What soundcard do you use?? because I have crackles if I use settings don't supported by the soundcard.

I think you have to uninstall your sound drivers and reboot. Don't install them while windows XP is iniciating, cancel if Windows ask to install drivers. After Windows have been iniciated you can Install the drivers again. Use the lastest audio drivers of your soundcard, you can also upgrade your PC BIOS, maybe in there have some troubles too.

I think the problem is in the drivers and not in Windows, but If you think is too complicate you can install Windows again an do a fresh install of everything.

Good Luck!

Posted Fri 08 Sep 06 @ 7:15 am
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
i would say that this is just a soundcard issue/drivers. What soundcard are you using?

Posted Fri 08 Sep 06 @ 2:25 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)