Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: DJ Console Mk2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

New to Virtual DJ and to the Console MK2!!!

Spinning for now 13 years with vinyls and recently just transfered everything to CDs, I've just found convenient that would be a good idea to go directly to PC while it's so much easy to find your songs.

I've made some searches on different softwares while looking on some friends that were using Serato or Traktor, and I've found Virtual DJ, which was looking quiet impressive and very easy to used. So I've convinced myself to buy the DJ Console MK2 and just received yesterday.

Got into the installation and everything was working in about 10 minutes. Soon as I start playing with it, I remark that the crossfader of the Console was not working properly, looking like the center was more at the far side or the right. First I tought that was something that I can configure, but no configuration available, just found today that there was only a way to disable it in the Console Panel that you find in the install directory of the drivers.

Next, it was very easy to go around Virtual DJ and see that the version bundled with DJ console was limited, so I bought the Pro, and very satisfied for the features.

Started to play with it, many configuration modes specially for setting up the power of your system.
Since I have a Toshiba with an Intel P4 2.8Ghz and 512MB Ram, I decided to put it to get the best sound quality, and realized that was not the good choice because the system became unstable and the songs were glitching. So I had to put it to best performance, and even with that I've uncountered some problems.

Right Now, It's a bit difficult to know if it's coming from my PC or the Sound Card...If anyone has a hint about this, it could be helpfull. I'm wondering if someone tried Virtual DJ also with a M-Audio card like the Firewire 410.

In the mean time I have a gig on Friday and are looking to bring the DJ Console with me and use CD as controller. I will see how this machine react.

Chears
Felipe Capri

Posted Thu 07 Sep 06 @ 6:14 am
Make sure you download the most recent update for the MK2 which is at the top of this page and let us know if it is any better.

Posted Thu 07 Sep 06 @ 6:22 am
Do you have the direct link?

I have the lastest VDJ 4.0

Posted Fri 08 Sep 06 @ 5:14 am
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005

Posted Fri 08 Sep 06 @ 7:10 am

Posted Mon 11 Sep 06 @ 4:48 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)