Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Please - Need help with Korg Midi

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I just got a PADKONTROL midi studio controller from Korg it has 16 pads which VDJ reads find. My problem and question is: How do I get VDJ to read ALL the buttons and function from this unit. Right now under the midi/confing section I can only map the 16 large pads and 2 knobs on top. I cant map a "hold" button and others that vdj does its not recognizing them. I need these functions to play my samples correctly. Please HELP.

Thanks

Posted Thu 07 Sep 06 @ 2:43 am
djsherzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I'd check the instructions on your controller... I've just had a look on their website:

padKONTROL - MIDI Studio Controller

Controllers:
16 velocity-sensitive Trigger pads with LED illumination
X-Y pad
Two assignable knobs
Assignable pedal jack*

It suggests to me that the other buttons on the controller are not midi-assignable, they're purely for operating the controller itself, not for sending midi notes. Still, with 16 pads available, that leaves 4 spare after you've set VDJ's sampler up, could you not map one of those to do what you want?

Also, if you mean a "hold" as in press the pad to start a sample, press again to stop it, you can set this up in the padkontrol's options, you can choose whether you want momentary action or toggle on/off. When you map the sampler keys in VDJ's midi mapper, select a "momentary" action, that way you can choose whether to or not to toggle from within the pad itself.

Finally, if you're still running out of buttons, you could always set some different button shortcuts under a different midi channel. For example, under channel 10 (the korg's default) you could keep your sample pads, and if you switch the korg to channel 9, they could be mapped as hot cues or fx, for example...

Hope this helps anyway! :-)

Posted Thu 07 Sep 06 @ 6:07 am
Thanks DJsherz for your help...

Posted Thu 07 Sep 06 @ 3:35 pm
@vnz161820

I thought the same, so that's more or less what I answered at Spanish Forum too. LOL

Posted Thu 07 Sep 06 @ 3:45 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)