Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Needles best for TCVs

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hey, I was wondering if you guys know what the best Needles are for scratching with TCVs??
Right now i'm using Shure Turtablist needles..they seem to work fine but I was just wondering what would the best needle be for scratching TCVs. I've got a straight tone arm if that makes any difference..j/w..

Posted Wed 06 Sep 06 @ 3:10 am
DJ Quintana is now testing stanton 505 specially for tcvs & scracht, they seem to be good, I'm using shure m44 and they also work fine but not for scraching.

Posted Wed 06 Sep 06 @ 5:44 pm
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
what about those red ones with the high output? think they may be called ortofon digitracs? they are designed for timecode and sound prety good for normal vinyl too, lovely colour too!

Posted Wed 06 Sep 06 @ 9:41 pm
hey manquin, if your using m44g's, I read a review that said "On the other hand the 44g held best I found at around 1.5-2.25 grams of weight (in my findings at least, I know a lot of folks who can get away at closer to 1.25 grams), and really started tracking worse at above 2.5 grams of weight" just thought it might be helpful, my apologies if your weight was set up fine though :).

Posted Thu 07 Sep 06 @ 5:17 pm
I'm using stanton 680hp's. They do work well for both regular and scratch use. The twin pack comes pre mounted on headshells and include a couple differant sizes of weights that screw on the headshell if skipping persists after adjusting the counter weight. Mighty useful once the needle starts wearing down;^]

Posted Thu 07 Sep 06 @ 6:07 pm
Man-TkPRO InfinityMember since 2004
for me : ortofon dj concorde

Posted Fri 08 Sep 06 @ 2:57 am
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
You need high output and high wear needle. Shure M44-7(9.5mV output) is the one used by some for scratch and not M44-G, but you can use Ortofon Concorde Digitrak (8mV output) for TCV use, or the Concorde Q.Bert (11mV output)

Or use the Concorde Scratch (7mV)

Shure M44-7 could be use from 1.5 to 3grs (could be used for scratch). M44-G only from 0.75 to 1.5 (is not for scratch)

Stanton: Stanton Scratch Master V3 (6.5mV) is a very good option or the trackmaster V3 (7mv) too.

I prefer Ortofon, Stanton, Shure in that order.

Good Luck!

Posted Fri 08 Sep 06 @ 7:54 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)