Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: To All Hercules MK2 Users - Powered HUB tip for crackles in VDJ 4 - Page: 2

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

i know apopsis is gonna say..i told you so, but here goes anyway..

so i got a usb powered hub for the the heck of it.. no snaps crackles and pops, but i was going to use a laptop for a gig and i did not want any issues to happen..

so anyway, got the powered usb hub 2.0 thingy..

when i plugged it in, xp recognised it as generic usb hub, which was fine..then suddenly it said the that a device has exceeded the power limitations of its usb and to disconnect..

did that and reconnected..fine...then i plugged in my console and it said that one of the devices connected to the hub had malfunctioned and was not recognised and the disconnect..

the thing is that the startup lights and stuff will not go off if the console is connected to the ruddy hub, but it works fine if its connected just to the laptop directly...

what should i do?? is it a problem with the hub or something else...????

also if someone could answer my question in the previous post...ie..how should i know that the console is working off the power adaptor that i got and not sucking power from my computer..

thanks a lot

cheers

DJ Rudra

Posted Wed 25 Oct 06 @ 5:27 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
might need a new hub

sounds like theres a fault with it .

Posted Fri 27 Oct 06 @ 11:49 am
radiofcPRO InfinityMember since 2006
DJ Rudra wrote :
.how should i know that the console is working off the power adaptor that i got and not sucking power from my computer..

I am also trying to find out how this can be done so please advise. Thanks.

Posted Tue 31 Oct 06 @ 12:12 pm
dj-in-norway wrote :
go to performance settings.
click on performances.
move the slider to 2nd from fastest.

disable safe mode,
disable overclock.
set latency to "auto" <- most important

Try that ;)

It turns out this functionality is not available in 3.4 and it is only in version 4. Do I have to shell out 200 euro just to get performance control?? I cannot find any information regarding upgrade paths on virtual DJ or Hercules sites. Cheers.

Posted Wed 01 Nov 06 @ 12:09 pm
Radio... You arent shelling out 200 for the control as 4.0 is completely different than 3.4. Are you having problems with the snap crackle and pop??? If so it probably is other problems as well like IRQ sharing and such. I CANNOT use my MK2 on the piece of sh*t Dell computer and dumped the whole idea of making it work. As far as knowing if it is being powered by USB or the power supply there is no way to know.

Posted Thu 02 Nov 06 @ 9:09 am
Thanks for the response Brian. I'll have to dig a little deeper into the IRQ sharing you mention. It all works fine for me for a while but then suddenly for no apparent reason sound quality deteriorates. My laptop is a COMPAQ with a P4 processor and also a "piece of sh*t" but I dont and cant buy a new one just yet after paying for all the other odds and ends...

Posted Sat 04 Nov 06 @ 3:40 pm
discobrian24 wrote :
Radio... You arent shelling out 200 for the control as 4.0 is completely different than 3.4. Are you having problems with the snap crackle and pop??? If so it probably is other problems as well like IRQ sharing and such. I CANNOT use my MK2 on the piece of sh*t Dell computer and dumped the whole idea of making it work. As far as knowing if it is being powered by USB or the power supply there is no way to know.

pall
http://www.helpwithpcs.com/upgrading/change-irq-settings.htm

just need this

Posted Sat 04 Nov 06 @ 3:42 pm
radiofc wrote :
Thanks for the response Brian. I'll have to dig a little deeper into the IRQ sharing you mention. It all works fine for me for a while but then suddenly for no apparent reason sound quality deteriorates. My laptop is a COMPAQ with a P4 processor and also a "piece of sh*t" but I dont and cant buy a new one just yet after paying for all the other odds and ends...

http://www.helpwithpcs.com/upgrading/change-irq-settings.htm

Posted Sat 04 Nov 06 @ 3:43 pm
Thanks man.

Posted Sat 04 Nov 06 @ 3:44 pm
any time :)

Posted Sat 04 Nov 06 @ 3:52 pm
best control

Posted Mon 13 Nov 06 @ 12:36 am
Well. I installed the version 4.1. I am beginning to see a trend, though. (Note: I have just purchased a new laptop which should be much faster than the Athlon XP 2100+ system that I have been using before)

I am using a self-powered MK2 and using it in ASIO mode for timecoded vinyl, which, by the way is the only time I have problems since when I use the console alone to make a mixtape I have no difficulties with sound or performance issues. To get the best quality sound I have to settle with latency issues which means that I cannot scratch or mix songs naturally because there is a delay that is so pronounced I might as well just use the console alone, which was not why I upgraded to the MK2 and bought the timecoded vinyl. I have a dual CD player when I go out for now but I really want to migrate to using the turntables again because I feel much more comfortable and more free to be me. But in order to use VDJ I need to resolve the horrible reduction in sound quality in order to use it the way I need to.

Posted Tue 14 Nov 06 @ 6:35 pm
cjoe73PRO InfinityMember since 2021
some one can help me to learn how to scracth or how set up to do it

Posted Wed 06 Dec 06 @ 7:10 am
I have tried a usb hub 2.0 and yet I still get the crackles. I have even plugged in a 9v power cord, but my question is, should the mk2 light up as it duz when u plug ii in via usb, cuz if it should light up with the powered cord then I should go retrun my mk2. If anyone can help, I would appreciate it

Posted Fri 22 Dec 06 @ 4:23 am
No it will not light up unless there is a USB connection if my memory serves me correctly. If you still don't have success then I think you have an IRQ sharing conflict or other background programs running.

Posted Fri 22 Dec 06 @ 6:05 am
discobrian24 wrote :
No it will not light up unless there is a USB connection.

which is kinda stupid...how are you supposed to know whether you are running off the 9v or the comp..

i just got a new lappy, and now there is a muddy sound every time i move any of the sliders or the eq knobs...i know there is a solution..ill find it..

cheers

DJ Rudra

Posted Thu 04 Jan 07 @ 9:21 am
try "autolatency"

Posted Thu 04 Jan 07 @ 11:02 am
Agree with Sky on the Auto thing and make sure Safe Mode is unchecked.

Posted Thu 04 Jan 07 @ 11:32 pm
I've tried a number of settings both under 4.1 and 3.4, still think the "crackles" are the hardware itself. There must be some connector issues with the sliders and knobs (cheap parts). Hercules sent me a MIDI test program trying to verify the thing works. I just want to know if i can replace the faders and knobs

Oddly enough, the jog wheels never cause the crackle, it's always the knobs and slides. Given the cost of the unit, I kind of think they may not have used the best parts.

Posted Sun 18 Mar 07 @ 5:44 pm
You could be having IRQ conflicts or performance settings wrong. I have a machine I can't use the MK2 on and it is because it has shared IRQ. I had the same problem on that machine that you are describin except mine was worse it would do what you say, then a few seconds lock up VDJ and a restart is required. I would also look to see what else is runnin in the background as any Anti Virus software will use your resources.

Posted Tue 20 Mar 07 @ 11:02 pm
95%