Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Loopout Crashes VDJ

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Anytime I use the new loopout effect in combination with another effect, VDJ crashes. Has anyone been experiencing this?

Posted Mon 05 Jul 04 @ 5:51 pm
claxPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I tried to use LoopOut with other effects but I hadn't any problems.

What was the other effect ?

Clax

Posted Mon 05 Jul 04 @ 7:06 pm
Same here. I never had problems when using LoopOut with other plugins.

Posted Mon 05 Jul 04 @ 7:10 pm
It mostly happens when I use it with overloop.

Posted Tue 06 Jul 04 @ 2:21 am
What are your computer's specs?

Posted Tue 06 Jul 04 @ 2:39 am
HP Pavillion Zd Notebook.
1G Ram
3.2G Intel PIV w HT(enabled)
Nvidia 128M Video Card.
Creative Labs Sound Blaster Audigy 2 NX External Sound Card
Plantronics DSP Headphones.

Posted Tue 06 Jul 04 @ 1:32 pm
This is weird as it didn't happen (and still doesn't) for anybody else. Did you try disabling HT? (I have no clue if this will help, but maybe...)

Posted Tue 06 Jul 04 @ 1:47 pm
I finally figured it out. I shut down and restarted. Started VDJ and tried it all over again. This time there was no crash but I noticed some sort of latency when I manually move the fader with the effects on. I do not use the laptop keyboard, instead I have a Nostromo Ns52 keypad which I use with VDJ cuz I can record keyboard sequences and run it with one keypress (really neat) and I noticed that when I am fading with the keypad the problem occurs. I downloaded the latest drivers and all seems well. Thanx guys for the quick response.

Posted Wed 07 Jul 04 @ 1:33 pm
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I just had the problem with loading this effect, when another effect was in use. While mixing, I was using filters on right desk, and when loading a loop out effect to right desk's unused effect slot, it crashed. I recovered, and did the same thing again, and it crashed again :). But, when I restarted VDJ it seems that I cannot replicate the crash again, so it's probably just beacause of my low comp. configuration..

Just wanted to let you know, if someone knows a better explanation or has expirienced the same problem.

Otherwise, works great! :) Great idea guys :P

Regards

Posted Wed 07 Jul 04 @ 2:41 pm
Thanks... :)

Posted Wed 07 Jul 04 @ 4:05 pm
Sad to say. It just happend again.

Posted Thu 08 Jul 04 @ 1:15 am
claxPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Strange. I tried a few times and ... no crashes.
I'll check again.

Posted Thu 08 Jul 04 @ 5:44 am
keyonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
at home I've had vdj crash at least 3 times when using 2 fx at once 2.0; I don't want to take any chances so I'm limiting myself to only using 1 fx at a time at live gigs.

Posted Mon 12 Jul 04 @ 5:38 pm
@keyon: what are your computer's specs?

Posted Mon 12 Jul 04 @ 6:36 pm
keyonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
oh, my specs are toshiba satellite p4 2.4 or near there, 1 gig ram, 60% hard drive is free.

Posted Mon 19 Jul 04 @ 5:58 pm
What operating system do you have? Did you try to change the order of the effects? What effects do you use simultaneously when VDJ crashes?

macourteau

Posted Mon 19 Jul 04 @ 6:19 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)