Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: while scratching heavily crash - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

I was using VDJ 2.0 with two xp10's yesterday at a 4th of july gig

** while scratching heavily** with the XP10's...

1. VDJ started to repeat the same thing over and over then crashed. I was able to restart VDJ and pick up where I left off. very embarrasing.

2. the 2nd time VDJ crashed, it started to repeat the same thing over and over then crashed so bad I had to pull the power plug.

scratching heavily means, one deck is playing and I am rapidly moving the other deck back and forth making scratching sounds. rewinding, holding the platter, speeding it up.

HERE IS WHAT I NOTICED: when I move the sliders on both xp10s rapidly up and down, virtualDJ animation comes to a halt. this also happens with Bision software.

Any ideas how to fix this? VirtualDJ hasn't crashed on me much but I haven't tried really using the XP10 controllers

My config:
========
Registered VDJ user
pentium 2.4ghz celeron
512mb ram
xp home (fresh LOAD, fully patched)
virtualDJ 2.0
direct x 8.1
xp10's x 2
NO usb hub

Posted Mon 05 Jul 04 @ 1:46 pm
WirelessDJ

Where did you buy your XP10 ?

Posted Mon 05 Jul 04 @ 3:59 pm
They are demo units. we are a reseller and working with atomix productions so we can resell the software in our store

Posted Thu 08 Jul 04 @ 5:10 pm
I have the same problem with my dj console and version 2. DJ console is fully updated

Posted Fri 23 Jul 04 @ 10:59 pm
Update on the scratching problem. It seems to me that it happens quite often while scratching near the beginning of the song. If i try to backspin past beginning, it crashes without recovery. Anyone else have similar issues?

Posted Sat 24 Jul 04 @ 10:39 pm
nope...never had any crash with scratch, and i have played around with it a lot!! sorry...

maybe to little ram??

Posted Sun 25 Jul 04 @ 1:15 am
I have a gig of ram. That should be enough.

Posted Sun 25 Jul 04 @ 1:37 am
I tried it with 512MB of Ram on a pentium 4 celeron
windows 2000
system was clean with no other processes running

I did not note if it was near the end of the track or not
I will pay closer attention and report back
thanks

WirelessDJ

Posted Fri 30 Jul 04 @ 1:55 am
Go to your sound card configuration and disable hardware acceleration . This should stop the problem hopefully.

Posted Sat 31 Jul 04 @ 1:14 pm
WirelessDJ: “tried it with 512MB of Ram on a pentium 4 celeron
windows 2000”

You probably already know this, but the next time you use VDJ, allow the Windows Task Manager (Ctrl+Alt+Delete, click on the performance tab) to monitor the CPU Usage. I’ve experienced crashes when the CPU hits 100% (I was running two DJ programs at the same time when this occurred).

Omega One

Posted Mon 02 Aug 04 @ 5:54 am
First a celeron is a piece of crap. Also get rid of windows xp and use windows 2000.

Posted Tue 03 Aug 04 @ 1:32 pm
@WirelessDJ: is it a Pentium 4 or a Celeron? Also, at what speed it is running?

@digitalmdj: he IS using Windows 2000... But I can tell you for sure that it works just fine with Windows XP (I never had any performance problems on my WinXP system: AthlonXP 2100+ @ 1.8GHz, 512MB RAM)

Regards, macourteau

(P.S.: I am able to run VirtualDJ with minimal settings on a Celeron 600MHz, 128MB ram, WinXP, so I wouldn't say a celeron is 'a piece of crap', but indeed it does not perform as well as P4 processors.)

Posted Tue 03 Aug 04 @ 3:10 pm
I am going to order the second controller this week so we will see if I can cause problem with my computer.I cannot crash my computer with the single xp10 . I have givin it the test of time and no effect on my system.

Posted Tue 03 Aug 04 @ 9:38 pm
cool :) hope your 2nd test fails as well :) lol

Posted Tue 03 Aug 04 @ 9:45 pm
“I am going to order the second controller...I cannot crash my computer with the single xp10.”

You are going to do what???

OO

Posted Wed 04 Aug 04 @ 1:30 am
think he was being ironic ;) lol

saying that one xp10 works REALLY well w/ vdj, having no crashes, and hope to see the same when using 2 :)

Posted Wed 04 Aug 04 @ 1:47 am
The second controller is on its way.So we will see if everthing is as good as with just one.

Posted Wed 04 Aug 04 @ 1:56 pm
I have experienced a problem with lockups if I scratch to close to the beginning or end of the song.Which is logical not to get that close to that area.

Posted Sun 08 Aug 04 @ 9:25 pm
I just recieved my second controller today and everthing works fine. The only problem that can be seen is scratching to close to the beginning or end of a song.This will lock up your controller. I have a UC33e comming tomorrow and I will post results . Also I have a DAK 2000 comming . Its a small two channel mixer without a equlizer so I can just use the one with the program.

Posted Mon 09 Aug 04 @ 8:14 pm
when it locks up on you, does it ...

loop the sound over and over
freeze the graphics
cpu utilization go to 100%

that has been happening to me quite often, regardless of what version I use.

Posted Tue 14 Sep 04 @ 1:06 am
80%