Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: CLOSE CALL FOR ONE OF OUR DOORMEN LAST NIGHT

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Last night while I was working my shift at the Club we had a close call happen.

A pair(actually more like 5-6) of customers that had been fighting/arguing at another club decided that they wanted to continue at mine.

While 2 of the group were outside smoking (edmonton dosn't allow for smoking in nightclubs anymore) The other group went across the street got into they're car and did a "donut" in the pay parking lot and then came across the one way street and onto the sidewalk hitting his designated opponents.

ONe fellow got his ankle/leg broken. The other was launched into the air and landed on his back no real damage done (lucky for him)

One of our doorman was outside at the hot dog vendor making sure no-one was dealing outside the door literally 2 mins before this happened. (I got to watch the security feed)

Close call.

I post this little story to remind all Club Employee's in general.......
WATCH YOUR BACK, SOMEONE MAY NOT LIKE YOU AS MUCH AS YOU LIKE YOURSELF!!!!!!

DJ Marcel
Resident DJ
Purple Onion Nightclub

Posted Fri 01 Sep 06 @ 8:46 pm
Hey Dj Marcel. Nice To see Another Edmontonion On The Boards :P

Posted Fri 01 Sep 06 @ 9:36 pm
YO Razz - where you spin at ?

Posted Fri 01 Sep 06 @ 9:46 pm
clayPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Edmontonians everywhere!

Geez Marcel, when did you switch over to VDJ??

Hows the DAC-2 working out?

I'm spinning at the Sidetrack this Sunday, stop by for a beer if you're not busy.

Cheers!

Clay

Posted Sat 02 Sep 06 @ 6:41 am
SupaconPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Hey, Nice to meet some fellow Edmontonians!

I'm DJ J.D. from The Globe on 109th & Jasper.

Sounds like some craziness going on. Fortunately I haven't had anything that exciting happen where I work. A pretty good crowd, usually. One night at Caliente's next door, apparently someone got stabbed or shot or something though. I guess working the nightclub industry will have its scary moments!

Posted Sat 02 Sep 06 @ 9:22 pm
It's 9 am Sunday morning, nothing going on except i'm at the day job.

clay: Love the dac, thanks for selling it to me. I'm at th Purple onion tonight so I can't come for a beer, dammit. HOw's that video system working with 4.0? audio problems solved?

HEy SUpacon - get the Globe to serve MOLSON!!! I was stuck drinking STELLA ARTOIS the last time I was there. ;) Course I don;t really remember the end o0f that night. was the end of an all day rager with some staff from Diamonds I know

EDMONTON DJ'S UNITE!!!!!!!

Posted Sun 03 Sep 06 @ 5:08 pm
clayPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Cool!

I've been spinning a fair number of Sunday nights at the Sidetrack ever since Reds closed.

With the rep gig, I don't have the time to commit to a regular weekend gig (although it would be nice)

Supacon, I haven't been to Globe since Darcy left. I covered for him once or twice last summer, fun place but that Denon CD player was hurtin'!

Of course I haven't been to PO's in years either! (not since Cole left)

Red's never got much action. We had the occasional fight break out at a concert, but for the most part it was pretty laid back.
Now back when I was spinning at Barry T's in the 90's, it was a different story!

Yes, the audio problems on VDJ are all worked out. Cyder and I have been MSN'ing back and forth and everything is 100%.
I've got a pretty substiantial number of Promo Only music videos now ripped to VOB and it performs great.
BJ and I were playing around with Ver4.0 at Rum last week and it was a blast.

myspace.com/djclayboy

Cheers!

Clay

Posted Fri 08 Sep 06 @ 8:23 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)