Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: adding songs to the local database

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

My local database scan has been completed and all bpm are scanned. Now when I add more songs to my hard drive and I want to add them to the local database and bpm scan Virtual reascans all my files in order to add these new songs.
Is there an easier way to refresh or update without rescanning everything?

Posted Fri 01 Sep 06 @ 5:31 pm
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
not really , just rescan your hard drive, you dont have to choose it to anylize them all, after it adds the new songs (without anylizing) put the database in bpm order and select all the songs that have no bpm
then just right click to anylize all those new adds

Posted Fri 01 Sep 06 @ 5:38 pm
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
Yes, use Shift or Ctrl+a to select a folder.

Posted Sat 02 Sep 06 @ 6:44 am
what u have to do is in the left "explorer" panel, identify the folder where you have added the new tracks and right click and say add to search db...

this will just add the songs to the database and not scan for bpms...for that you can select the songs in the main explorer panel and right click and say analyze...and also select the engine, depending on the tracks it can be techno/hip hop or any music

cheers

DJ Rudra

Posted Sun 03 Sep 06 @ 11:43 am
dancetime...

when u say that vdj rescans your files to add the new ones, do u mean that it performs bpm analysis on the files...if so, when u say scan hd, at the time of selection of the hard drives, at the bottom of the window it says perform extended analysis on the files....de-check this box...

a simple analysis of the hard drives is very fast so should not be a problem even if u have to do it to add even a single new track...but i can understand the agony of the extended analysis every time

cheers

DJ Rudra

Posted Sun 03 Sep 06 @ 11:56 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)