Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: 4.0 skipping in automix mode - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

I was doing a test run yesterday in automix mode. The next song would start fine but then skip about 20 seconds in when the next song began to load. this was only mp3 audio files be used.

Posted Thu 31 Aug 06 @ 12:05 pm
Is this on every song, every 15 minutes. Also what are your performance settings, and CPU usage.

Oh and system specs, oh an mines white and two sugars!

OK Pass on the coffee, but give us some more info and we'll try to sort you out. =-)

Posted Thu 31 Aug 06 @ 12:51 pm
athlon 64 3000(939) on a gigabyte motherboard with 1 gig of pc 2300 ram and an nvidia pci 5500. main drive is wester digital 10 gig with 3 gig free. music drive is maxtor 60 gig with 16 gig free. soundcard is audiotrack pci 44 mkII

It doesn't happen every song. more like every third. It jumps from 20 seconds to 50 seconds in.

Posted Thu 31 Aug 06 @ 1:05 pm
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
Why do you use that old HD 10Gb for the system, it is a slowdown for your machine? Get some new SATA hard for your system.

Posted Thu 31 Aug 06 @ 1:23 pm
I get the same problem.

I think when he says "skipping" he doesn't mean that the song is struggling to play, he means that the crossafder automatically fades over to the beginning of the next song (as expected), then suddenly as the crossfader has completely faded over, VDJ will jump way ahead into the track and continue playing from that point.

Very confusing & frustrating behaviour.

If that's not what he meant, apologies, but it's what is happening to me and i'd appreciatre any help you might be able to give!

Posted Thu 31 Aug 06 @ 2:15 pm
Yes. That is exactly what is happening. The sudden jump forward 2-50 seconds into the new song happens when the next song on the playlist begins to load. Sometimes there is a complete drop in audio for what seems like a 1/2 a second. While working last night I had distortion happen when fading from one song to another manually.

Posted Thu 31 Aug 06 @ 6:24 pm
I reported this a few days also, i re-installed and it hasn't happened to me again....yet. in my case it only happened on the left deck and it would scrap whatever song that was loading in the right deck and load the next on the list on the right deck.

Posted Thu 31 Aug 06 @ 9:44 pm
I have the same problem

Posted Thu 31 Aug 06 @ 10:31 pm
Has this been identified as a bug? I sure hope it can be fixed in 4.1

Posted Fri 01 Sep 06 @ 11:53 pm
i found a solution, it works with mine (I put the safe mode off in the Performances) it works fine now

Posted Sat 02 Sep 06 @ 6:53 am
If I turn off safe mode, the sound is garbled and choppy. This error needs to be fixed. It happens as soon as I start the software. I basically can't used automix. I used to use it all the time at the start of my nights when I am basically playing background music.

Posted Mon 04 Sep 06 @ 1:23 am
LudekPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I have this bug in VDJ 4.0 too... Automix is for me useless.

From History of Virtual DJ:

"VDJ 4.0 - bug fixed:
jumping further while the song is loading, or loading a new song, can't make the software to skip anymore" - This is another bug...???

Posted Mon 11 Sep 06 @ 6:22 pm
djmoosePRO InfinityMember since 2005
Any word on this?

Posted Sun 17 Sep 06 @ 4:44 pm
bump

Posted Mon 18 Sep 06 @ 4:56 am
Hi,
just to be different, I used to have this issue in 3.5, but now it seems to be disappeared, if considered alone.
I experience skipping and freezing only when the headphone output gets corrupted.

Pier

Posted Mon 18 Sep 06 @ 2:19 pm
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
djpier83 wrote :
Hi,
just to be different, I used to have this issue in 3.5

You mean 3.4 or I missed something here LOL

Posted Tue 19 Sep 06 @ 3:22 am
Same thing happening here!

We use automix mostly during weddings dinners or for background music, when it's time for us to eat during a long night gig. This bug is really quite annoying, especially when the songs played start of slow and picks up intensity in mid song. Guests are then stepping off their chairs due to the sudden change of volume in the background music!

Usually, during the automix, the two songs blends in all right, but as soon as the fade out/in phase is over, the song jumps straight to the middle or the end, depending on the initial length. It doesn't happen on every song, but on every 4 or 5 songs for sure when Automix has been enabled for a few songs already.

Any idea on when we can expect a fix (permanent or compromise) for this?

Posted Tue 19 Sep 06 @ 5:04 am
I realize that VDJ has been developed for techno and house dj's mostly, however, creating an option in automix mode to forcefade on first sound, the first time a sound is picked up on the waveform and end on last sound minus _____ seconds for fading purposes. Again, make it an option so auto beat mixing is still available.

Posted Tue 19 Sep 06 @ 6:27 am
Any word on this? VDJ crew? can we get a response?

Posted Sun 24 Sep 06 @ 7:37 am
DJ-ALF wrote :
djpier83 wrote :
Hi,
just to be different, I used to have this issue in 3.5

You mean 3.4 or I missed something here LOL

oooooooooooooooops 3.4 :->
you are right!

Posted Sun 24 Sep 06 @ 2:27 pm
87%