Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: New save mode

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

nscodeHome userMember since 2003
I just got an idea for a new saving mode.
Instead of saving wav output, why not save actual play list and commands that could be played back?

Like it?

Posted Fri 04 Jul 03 @ 8:38 pm
stuxxxPRO InfinityMember since 2003
this is the english forum isn't it?

can someone translate??

Posted Fri 04 Jul 03 @ 9:04 pm
translate to french or? it was perfectly clear to me atleast what he meant. he meant that, instead of saving the output of the program, save just the actions necessary to produce the same output. good concept, but i kind of missed that what would be benefits of that ?

Posted Fri 04 Jul 03 @ 9:44 pm
and if you still didn't get the idea: by action i mean "user moved fader right 20 %" or "user pressed the eq kill button"..

To be really useful, it actually require a lot of coding and allowing to record over the old actions etc. But i think VDJ is intended for Live set, there are other programs like Acid Pro to make "the perfect mix" where you can alter the mix bit by bit until it's perfect. So it might be nice idea, but making the necessary interface for controlling the new fixes for old recording of mix session is probably not as simple that it could be done any time soon. And there is "studio mixing" software out there.. VDJ is best when it is Live.

Posted Fri 04 Jul 03 @ 9:51 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)