Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Different kind of skipping

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have started having this problem only after about 2 weeks of using VDJ and now it happens on every track I play.

Senario
=====

The track on deck A is nearing the end, deck B is all cued up and ready to go, I start deck B and begin the mix, all is going well until the track on deck A comes to an end and the track on deck B gets stuck in a loop for up to 30 seconds. Sometimes this loop sounds quite good! but is undesirable. While all this is going on, the hard drive light is on constantly.

I'm running Windows ME, a brand new motherboard (AMD XP 2000+) and I have created a hardware profile to eliminate any unwanted drivers, I've got loads of disk space and 384mb RAM.

I suspect that I don't have enough memory but the problem has only started since I installed version 1.09, I have now reverted back to 1.08 but the problem still exists. What could possibly be reading or writing to the disk when a track ends?

Can anyone help?

Posted Sat 03 Jul 04 @ 10:23 am
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
This is a very old "problem" occuring when some tracks are left played to the end. It only happens with few tracks (or the first song you leave to the end, not sure), but I didn't do any testing so I'm not sure exact source of the problem. My advice to you is to stop the song manually before reaching end. This way the software won't stuck and create that unwanted "loop".

erXon

Posted Sat 03 Jul 04 @ 7:38 pm
DJ CocoPRO InfinityMember since 2003
hmm.. seems to be a ram problem.. how big are the tracks you are using? is it also happen with smaller tracks?
have u installed any new software, hardware, external device ?

Posted Sun 04 Jul 04 @ 12:05 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)