Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: simplysounds

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

sarlacPRO InfinityMember since 2005
hi, just upgraded (i think) to version 4 from 3.4 and i'm having the following issues:

1. i'm using a esi u46dj soundcard. i have the latest drivers from esi. i select u46dj asio and 3 line output to external mixer. when i do this i get no sound. if i select 2 line output to external mixer i get sound.
the other issue is that i cannot record mixes. i have the rec line out from my mixer to the soundcard line in. i open the rec config in vdj4 and select the u46 dj. when i press record it says 'no soundcard available' what am i doing wrong. it worked in vdj3.4, is it to do with asio?

2. why do my effects with vdj3.4 not work within vdj4? they are all in the folders etc. also when you select 'download new effects' from the new vdj4 info page it goes to the general effects page. are the effects the same as there is only 1 effect that is specific to vdj4?

3. so far i have been very happy with vdj. i moved over from pcdj in the early days as i felt like a guinea pig for their products. at the moment i'm getting that old feeling again (sorry).

any info however small would be much appreciated.

Posted Mon 28 Aug 06 @ 12:20 pm
sarlacPRO InfinityMember since 2005
following on from my original post i can confirm i have resolved some issues.

recording:
i have switched from line-in to master and and i can record. you must make sure you don't have any playback sliders muted in the windows mixer or on the esi mixer.

external mixer 3 lines in:
i have solved playback issues by just selecting u46dj asio (not 44/48khz mode). i dont know why i have another u46dj mode and why there is a picture of the unit, as when you select this mode nothing plays.

all seems ok but i'm having some sync trouble. with 3.4 it was spot on. with 4.0 it loses sync quite often.

Posted Wed 30 Aug 06 @ 7:17 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)