Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: *** TO THOSE WHO HEAR NOISES/POPS/CRACKLES/UNDERBUFFERING *** - Page: 4

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Thats ok;)

Windows Media Center is just windows XP in a shell ....

Reinstall Windows Media Center if you can.

Posted Fri 08 Sep 06 @ 11:29 am

Posted Fri 08 Sep 06 @ 11:32 am
Well that is the problem, no restore disc and I got rid of all the restore programs on the system when I installed VDJ and such. I really think I need to bring this thing home and find out how to do the Remote Desktop with someone that knows computers and could possibly help me out. When I do bring it home do I need to have my MK2 and all that hooked up?? I really feel like a pain in the arse as I have 4 pages of problems. Well maybe they are all the same problem, but hey I have been through this stuff before with PCDJ FX and other systems. Might be something really stupid i am missing or don't know how to do. I am gonna go to work tomorrow and use MY system which rund VDJ flawlessy and have a great night while my other DJ is using DVDs and PCDJ and worry about this maybe Sat or Sun. If you think of anything else I can do just shoot me a PM as I keep checkin on here for a miracle. Once again thanks.

Thats the driver I believe I have. I have the card that came with the Dell so I would say CRAP!!!

Posted Fri 08 Sep 06 @ 11:36 am
Dont worry ;) a thread of even 50 pages is worth solving one users problems ;)

I did even google a bit with search term "Windows Media Center Ati X600 problem", and seems some have had some issues with artifacts on the display.
Almost all post I found regarding this, had it solved with the latest ATI drivers.

They where released just two weeks ago... If you havent tried them, please do.

Also, try tweaking things in the ATI display properties tab. Set "let programs control" for DirectX etc

Posted Fri 08 Sep 06 @ 11:39 am
I tried them today. Now here is the kicker. On this system, the one that works great, there is irq sharing of my 9550 AGP and USB on 16. Now that stumps me!

Posted Fri 08 Sep 06 @ 11:54 am
I'm back again :o) missed a bit somewhere. I agree with norway on the ACPI thing. Honest opinion, I don't like that media center, it has lots of problems. Brian, go to your local friendly supplier and ask to buy an OEM version of windows xp home edition SP2. The OEM version is only suppposed to be sold with hardware, if you know the guy enough you may be OK, otherwise if they push you to buy hardware, buy a 4 dollar floppy drive. Even better, get a gfx card with more oomph. To be honest I'd stick with ATI. Both my home machine and my gig box have Radeons in and they work fine.

I would almost stake my life on it that an xp home install and a new graphics card will fix all of your problems with this box.

Seems me and Norway have made you our new pet project. Think he's as determined as I am that we are gonna get this baby to sleep!

Posted Fri 08 Sep 06 @ 1:05 pm
I will see what I can do with the boss tonight to go and get XP and a new video card. I may however try to use the card that is there and just load XP. I have a copy of XP Pro at work for another machine, will it work or will I have to get another copy. I think I know that answer, but it is worth a shot. I will go to Dells website and download all my drivers that run the machine tomorrow. I will let you know.

Posted Fri 08 Sep 06 @ 9:51 pm
Ive found unistalling then reinstalling the sound card drivers (AC97)? seems to work for me not sure why but does seem to solve my problems.

Posted Sat 09 Sep 06 @ 12:52 am
I have tried that. I am now installing a new card ATI X1600 Pro 512. Wish me luck.

Posted Sat 09 Sep 06 @ 1:54 am
good luck mate ;o)

Posted Sat 09 Sep 06 @ 2:58 am
Got it installed and now can't extend desktop, BUT no IRQ sharing now. Only thing on 16 is X1600. It will let me swap the main to the TV but wont extend.

Posted Sat 09 Sep 06 @ 3:00 am
If your USB is is on an addon card, try removing the card, and installing it in a new slot. PCI will the have to assingn it a new IRQ. somtimes even moving another card will cause a IRQ square-dance!

Posted Sat 09 Sep 06 @ 6:59 am

He did change card, all good now...

For extended monitor, look in the ATI settings, in Windows control pannel for screen
(right click desktop).

Enable 2nd monitor ATI dialogue, and then in Windows monitor setting

Posted Sat 09 Sep 06 @ 12:47 pm
Thats the problem, it won't extend to second monitor. I have tried everything. I can swap the displays, but not extend them. Weird huh. Maybe I should try installing the drivers again. Is there anything that should be changed in the BIOS as it still thinks it is the old video card??

Is there a difference between the XP drivers and the Media Center drivers?? Is there a difference between Media center and Media center 2005?? Mine isnt 2005.

Posted Sat 09 Sep 06 @ 10:09 pm
OK SCRAPPED Ati X1600pro and got a NVIDIA 7600GT OC. Video seems nice and smooth including transitions. Still get the popping and crackling on the VMIX skins. Playing with some settings now and will report back.

Posted Sun 10 Sep 06 @ 3:55 am
STILL SCREWED. What the heck!!

Posted Sun 10 Sep 06 @ 6:04 am
Once again we are at the beginning. Getting the pops and crackles on every skin that has video preview using the MK2 as a soundcard. If I use my onboard in safe mode at 2000 whatever the latency I am good even with video previews. This is only in V4. 3.4 crackles and pops only when changing EQ and/or scratching. I got the helpdesk thingy that was recommended. Let me know. B

Posted Sun 10 Sep 06 @ 8:02 am

I think its safe to say that its your soundcard by now...

You've tried 3 different graphic cards, and video works as you say.

We might have been on the wrong path of thinking, when you first said it was the VMIX skin that caused issues ;)

After reading through our post once more, and seeing things progress, I would say its your soundcard.

Posted Sun 10 Sep 06 @ 1:51 pm
Discobrian,
have you installed the latest drivers recommended by dj-in-norway in this thread?
And running your mk2 on a powered hub, like you said yourself could also help.
Ewout

Posted Sun 10 Sep 06 @ 3:57 pm
Yes I have the current drivers for the MK2. I have tried this on 2 different MK2s with the same outcome. I am gonna get linked up to virtual dj whenever one of u are ready to check this piece of crap out. I have not re-installed the OS. Should I??

Posted Sun 10 Sep 06 @ 9:26 pm
74%