Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Sound drop question

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

chansinPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I used 4.0 for about 4 hours tonight and all worked well except for 3 times i just lost all sound for about 1/2 second, then it comes right back no problem. The sound quality is great and I have no cracks or pops. The system is a HP pavilion AMD64 1.8ghz, 512 ram with a gigaport. The Latency is 11ms, safemode and overclocked. I am just using the presets, I have not tweaked anything and as I said it only happened 3 times in a 4 hour gig, not a lot but still too many when you are getting paid to do an event.

Any help would be appreciated.

Chris

Posted Sat 26 Aug 06 @ 4:26 am
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Do the songs that were being played play right in everything else? If so try updating your sound card drivers, or tweaking the performance settings a little more...maybe even check the wire that goes to your amp/mixer I'm sure it's a minor issue, I've had the program on for over 12 hours without a problem or sound drop Pc was a little hot though

Posted Sat 26 Aug 06 @ 5:19 am
Yes they play fine in other programs as well as playing fine in Virtual, if I reload them. What is the best setting to try changing first?

Chris

Posted Sat 26 Aug 06 @ 5:48 am
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
try higher latency maybe 512 or 256 at the also move around ur wires to make certain it's not a bad connection sound drops are more than likely to be hardware related, have u also had the chance to tweak ur windows for performance

Posted Sat 26 Aug 06 @ 6:11 am
I had exactly the same problem last night. I have a Toshiba T2400 Core Duo laptop with 2GB of ram and a Gigaport AG. Configured with v2.61 ASIO drivers. Ch. 1/2 samples/preview 3/4 & 5/6 for the decks. Works flawlessly in 3.4. In V4 I've tried 5ms, 11ms and Auto latencies. Everything will appear fine in any of those latencies but then all of a sudden the sound will disappear for a millisecond totally random. Another sound issue I have is when I scan a track while preview listening it will actually make the deck that is playing out stop playback and then start again. This is repeatable. The sound dropping out is so random however that I had tested at home for several hours first and didn't notice the problem until I was playing live very loudly. I didn't think to test the preview until I was live however silly me. I will do more investigating on settings. Maybe having overclock set is a problem with the AG. It was set at all those latencies. The AG should have no problems at 5ms let alone 11. Anyone know what the default latency for this card is under 3.4? Like I said everything worked perfectly in 3.4.

Posted Sat 26 Aug 06 @ 3:20 pm
I have my computer set up for best performance under the windows advanced tabs. The cords and everything work just fine with 3.4. I use them 3 days a week and no problems. I guess they could go bad at this exact time but unlikely. I was not using the sample and preview. I just had player A 1/2 and B 3/4.

On another note, I would like to see the ability to select what channels you would like to use (like in 3.4) for the gigaport.

Chris

Posted Sat 26 Aug 06 @ 4:01 pm
That ability is there. When you select the ASIO Gigaport driver there is a drop down which shows you the various choices for channel routing.

Posted Sat 26 Aug 06 @ 4:17 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)