Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: xml database not working correctly

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

chansinPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I know that in 4.0 the xml should be named with (windows user name) in the end. My problem is that I am trying to use the xml on 2 different computers and they both have my windows login as (Chris). One computer has (Owner) and the other has (Chris Hansin) after the xml database. These are the names that are in the spot that has who windows is registered to. If that makes sense. I have since changed the windows registered name to (Chris) on both computers and then deleted the xml database and when I recreate the database it still names then (owner) and (Chris Hansin).

Any ideas?

Posted Sat 26 Aug 06 @ 4:13 am
well, changing your windows login name by nick only doesnt really change your windows ACCOUNT

Look inside "My Documents and Settings" and you will see folders for each Windows account on your PC.

VDJ database follow same logic

Posted Sat 26 Aug 06 @ 4:16 am
I agree that was the case until I went into the registry and changed the registered user to (Chris). Now when I look in "my computer" the documents folder says "chris". Is there something else that needs to be changed?

Thanks,
Chris

Posted Sat 26 Aug 06 @ 4:33 am
My fault, I looked in the wrong place. Is there anyway to change that, it still says (Chris Hansin)? Should I just create a new user called (Chris) and then delete the (Chris Hansin)?

thanks,
Chris

Posted Sat 26 Aug 06 @ 4:37 am
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Better off changing the user name on the account, That's where it get's the name from

Posted Sat 26 Aug 06 @ 5:21 am
How do you do that? When I change the name under user accounts it will come up (Chris) but if I go under documents and settings it is still (Chris Hansin).

Posted Sat 26 Aug 06 @ 5:46 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)