Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: vdj4 cpu specs

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

just wondering if there are any new computer requirements for 4.0.?
in 3.4 i had no problem mixing videos but now it freezes up when trying to play 2 @ a time . also how to tweek my laptop for optimum performance ( videos' keep me in the green ;according to the new usage meters).

also is the time code cd the same? just curious bout this (mine is reading 100% on both decks).

my setup : maya 44 usb ;
: dell laptop:- xp proffesional w/sp2, 2.00ghz p4 with 40g hd / 300g external hd , 512mb of ram. (i think 3.4 calls 4 @ least 712 or somethin but i had no problem s)
: 2 dns5000 -w/tccd's
:x-9 mixer-(wishin' they made the optional midi atachment they lied about!!! now lookin' @ pio800 ; jus waitin onna cash and some feedback on how it works with vdj. ;-) )

Posted Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 4:55 am
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005

There are some special parameters for notebook or laptops use. There are the option to setup your equipment to fit your notebook settings. You have to move some sliders uncheck (or check) some parameters and look how it is going for you.

This version fits better in more notebooks than 3.4 was.

Posted Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 8:11 am
So...you're saying that my specs r good i just need to tweek around with it some more?...
thanks for your reply.

Posted Sat 26 Aug 06 @ 1:26 am
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
you should be fine if you just plan on using it for music

Posted Sat 26 Aug 06 @ 2:48 am
i wanna start doing some video mixing so i can take my mixing to the next level.what do i need to get me going ?

i played around with it a bit and used tweak pro to tune up my cpu ... in preference ,mits set to fast and its pretty much working (effects seen slow but the scratchin the vids work better;however, seems im still cpu is going to at least 90%(green cpu bar)

Posted Sat 26 Aug 06 @ 6:45 am
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
try a skin that has the video's panneled, that way your cpu usage will go down , you really only need to preview them for a minute, so afterward close the pannel and the cpu usage will drop.
Running a CPU at 90% on a laptop isn't gonna let it run cool

Posted Sat 26 Aug 06 @ 7:56 am
I am running a similiar setup on one of my laptops, 2gig ram, 2.0ghz and 40 gig internal HD but I have no problems weither it be video or sound. It is a mismatched setup as the processor is slow but I am having no trouble.

Posted Sat 26 Aug 06 @ 9:57 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)